Digital TV News: Open IPTV Forum
HbbTV 2.0 specification released
Feb 10, 2015 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of version 2.0 of the HbbTV specification. The specification is a major update adding support for companion screens and synchronisation to broadcast delivered content.
News categories: HbbTV Association, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
AirTies and Norigin Media to launch STB with OTT apps and casting
Sep 1, 2014 – AirTies Wireless Networks has partnered with Norigin Media to launch a multimedia casting Set-top box (STB) which is used to cast TV and Video streams from mobile devices onto larger screens at home. The STB will be on display at IBC 2014.
News categories: AirTies, Norigin Media, Bulent Celebi, Espen Erikstad, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DCC LABS joins HbbTV
Sep 1, 2014 – DCC LABS has announced that it has become a member of Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV), a global initiative defining specifications that streamline and accelerate deployment of IPTV services.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, DCC LABS, Marek Kiełczewski, HbbTV, Middleware, Worldwide
Open IPTV Forum and HbbTV Association merge
Jun 17, 2014 – The members of the Open IPTV Forum and the HbbTV Association have announced that they have merged their future activities into a single organization within the legal structure of the HbbTV Association.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Open IPTV Forum, Nilo Mitra, Klaus Illgner, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
AirTies launches wireless ‘Set-top Box To Go’
Mar 18, 2014 – At TV Connect 2014, AirTies will be showcasing a portable wireless set-top box. Measuring 10x10cm, the miniature STB attaches wirelessly to the IP gateway and can easily be moved from room to room.
News categories: AirTies, Bulent Celebi, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
DVB unveils features of forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification
Sep 13, 2013 – At IBC, DVB will unveil its work incorporating the latest version of CI Plus Extensions (V1.4) into the forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification. The upcoming standard will enable IPTV to be delivered directly to the TV, without the need for a set-top box.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV
Open IPTV Forum publishes HTML5 profile for Connected TVs
Jun 4, 2013 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) has published a profile of HTML5, CSS, DOM3 and other related web technologies aimed at connected TV services and devices that implement a browser-based application environment.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Freesat+ box gets interactive with Opera
Sep 10, 2012 – Humax showcased its web-ready Freesat+ box at IBC in Amsterdam. With the implementation of the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK), Humax's Freesat+ box provides Freesat's newly launched service, <free time>, an HTML5-based backwards EPG.
News categories: Opera Software, Freesat, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results