Digital TV News: Open IPTV Forum
HbbTV 2.0 specification released
Feb 10, 2015 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of version 2.0 of the HbbTV specification. The specification is a major update adding support for companion screens and synchronisation to broadcast delivered content.
News categories: HbbTV Association, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
AirTies and Norigin Media to launch STB with OTT apps and casting
Sep 1, 2014 – AirTies Wireless Networks has partnered with Norigin Media to launch a multimedia casting Set-top box (STB) which is used to cast TV and Video streams from mobile devices onto larger screens at home. The STB will be on display at IBC 2014.
News categories: AirTies, Norigin Media, Bulent Celebi, Espen Erikstad, Apps, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DCC LABS joins HbbTV
Sep 1, 2014 – DCC LABS has announced that it has become a member of Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV), a global initiative defining specifications that streamline and accelerate deployment of IPTV services.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, DCC LABS, Marek Kiełczewski, HbbTV, Middleware, Worldwide
Open IPTV Forum and HbbTV Association merge
Jun 17, 2014 – The members of the Open IPTV Forum and the HbbTV Association have announced that they have merged their future activities into a single organization within the legal structure of the HbbTV Association.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Open IPTV Forum, Nilo Mitra, Klaus Illgner, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
AirTies launches wireless ‘Set-top Box To Go’
Mar 18, 2014 – At TV Connect 2014, AirTies will be showcasing a portable wireless set-top box. Measuring 10x10cm, the miniature STB attaches wirelessly to the IP gateway and can easily be moved from room to room.
News categories: AirTies, Bulent Celebi, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
DVB unveils features of forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification
Sep 13, 2013 – At IBC, DVB will unveil its work incorporating the latest version of CI Plus Extensions (V1.4) into the forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification. The upcoming standard will enable IPTV to be delivered directly to the TV, without the need for a set-top box.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV
Open IPTV Forum publishes HTML5 profile for Connected TVs
Jun 4, 2013 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) has published a profile of HTML5, CSS, DOM3 and other related web technologies aimed at connected TV services and devices that implement a browser-based application environment.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Freesat+ box gets interactive with Opera
Sep 10, 2012 – Humax showcased its web-ready Freesat+ box at IBC in Amsterdam. With the implementation of the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK), Humax's Freesat+ box provides Freesat's newly launched service, <free time>, an HTML5-based backwards EPG.
News categories: Opera Software, Freesat, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021