Digital TV News: Pioneer
Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
Feb 1, 2023 – Huawei is collaborating with stc tv to bring digital entertainment to the MENA region. The stc tv streaming service aggregates content from partners including STARZPLAY, discovery+, Wide Khaliji, Cartoon Network, Boomerang & more.
News categories: Intigral, Huawei, stc tv, Peter Mrkic, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Streaming
ITV increases investment in InfoSum
Jan 24, 2023 – ITV has announced a further investment in data technology company InfoSum, increasing its investment by 50%. InfoSum technology is used in a range of new and existing advertising products from ITV.
News categories: ITV, InfoSum, Rhys Mclachlan, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK
Samba TV and TCL to jointly develop AI solutions for Smart TVs
Jan 5, 2023 – Samba TV has entered into an R&D venture with TCL for the development and deployment of AI and content analytics on TCL TVs, making features of Samba AI, a suite of AI and ML technologies available worldwide.
News categories: Samba TV, TCL, Ashwin Navin, Shaoyong Zhang, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Panasonic announces MZ2000 flagship OLED TV at CES
Jan 4, 2023 – Panasonic's MZ2000 features the latest iteration of its smart TV OS, my Home Screen 8.0, supporting all major video streaming services alongside improvements to the Bass Booster, accessibility, and myScenery features.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
SAPEC powers World Cup UHD broadcasting on DTT in Spain
Dec 19, 2022 – SAPEC solutions played a fundamental role in the contribution and distribution through DTT of the Qatar 2022 World Cup in Spain via the use of its Sivac-ONE media processing platform.
News categories: SAPEC, Mediapro, UHD Spain, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Emili Planas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain
Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
Nov 28, 2022 – MediaKind has announced that Mediaroom Play is powering more TV services for viewers in Canada. Most recently, MediaKind worked with Bell Canada on the latest evolution of its Fibe TV service.
News categories: MediaKind, Bell Canada, Steve Payne, Android TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
ITV AdLabs launches context-driven ad targeting tool
Nov 10, 2022 – ITV has launched a tool for advertisers - Automated Contextual Targeting (ACT) - providing insights into moods, objects and moments in programmes that can then be used to fine-tune ad campaigns.
News categories: ITV, Jayesh Rajdev, Pete Markey, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Samba TV acquires AI innovator Disruptel
Nov 8, 2022 – Samba TV has announced that it has acquired Disruptel. Disruptel’s machine learning technology intelligently deconstructs on-screen content in real-time, identifying people, brands and products that appear.
News categories: Samba TV, Disruptel, Ashwin Navin, Alex Quinn, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution