Digital TV News: Pioneer
NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
May 15, 2022 – NOS has carried out the first international holographic transmission using 5G in Portugal. At the event, the director of 'Top Gun: Maverick' was transported as a hologram from London to Lisbon to take part in the press launch of the film in Portugal.
News categories: NOS, Jorge Graça, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Portugal, UK
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
TVUP Media selects Ad Insertion Platform
May 5, 2022 – TVUP Media Telecom has selected Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) to monetize its ad inventory through AIP's programmatic premium video ad network. TVUP’s OTT TV platform, Tivify, offers free access to more than 130 streaming channels.
News categories: Ad Insertion Platform, TVUP Media, Laurent Potesta, Eudald Domènech, Advertising, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Friend MTS adds Axinom and castLabs to partner programme
Apr 22, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced new technology partnerships as it continues to expand its portfolio of anti-piracy and content security technologies. This latest announcement welcomes Axinom and castLabs to the Friend MTS partnership programme.
News categories: Friend MTS, Axinom, castLabs, Dennis Scott, Johannes Jauch, Thasso Griebel, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Harmonic adds HDR10+ support to its cloud streaming platform
Apr 21, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has added support for HDR10+ technology to its VOS 360 cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based advanced media processing solution. The first trial of HDR10+ on VOS360 is underway with Evoca.
News categories: Harmonic, Evoca, HDR10+ Technologies, Shahar Bar, Michael Chase, Bill Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Wowza launches Wowza Video integrated video platform
Apr 19, 2022 – Wowza Media Systems has launched Wowza Video. With the launch, Wowza bolsters its live streaming technology with VOD functionality — synthesizing all the essential video capabilities that today’s businesses require.
News categories: Wowza, David Stubenvoll, Jon Duncan, Patrick Freeman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
EDO secures $80m investment from Shamrock Capital
Apr 6, 2022 – EDO has announced the closing of an $80 million strategic growth investment from Shamrock Capital. The investment provides EDO with capital to scale its business in outcome measurement for Convergent TV.
News categories: EDO, Inc, Shamrock Capital, Edward Norton, Kevin Krim, Dr. Daniel Nadler, Laura Held, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
TiVo Stream 4K integrates YouTube TV
Apr 5, 2022 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that its streaming product – TiVo Stream 4K and TiVo Stream OS – has expanded its Live TV offering through an integration with YouTube TV. YouTube TV provides access to 85+ Channels of Live Sports, Entertainment, News and more.
News categories: TiVo, YouTube TV, Ben Maughan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
VBox releases ATSC 3.0 Testbed version 2.5
Apr 5, 2022 – VBox Communications has announced the availability of Version 2.5 of its ATSC 3.0 Testbed platform – offering an array of new features and enhanced functionality for the NextGenTV product development community.
News categories: VBox Communications, Jonathan Rind, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden