Digital TV News: ProSiebenSat.1
First results of German DVB-I Pilot to be shown at IBC 2022
Sep 7, 2022 – Stakeholders from the media industry, including broadcasters, device manufacturers, software providers and research companies have announced the start of the 'German DVB-I Pilot'.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-I, Remo Vogel, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ANGA COM to return in May
Feb 14, 2022 – ANGA COM is to make a comeback on 10 to 12 May 2022 in Cologne. Gross exhibition space for the first 300 exhibitors is already more than 20,000 sqm with the total space of European and North American exhibitors already at the level of 2019.
News categories: ANGA COM, Dr. Peter Charissé, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Partnerships and interoperability driving growth of audience targeted campaigns
Sep 23, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced the release of its Q2 Video Marketplace Report (VMR). This quarterly publication analyzes the changing dynamics of how advertisers, publishers and distributors are utilizing ad supported premium video.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Dworin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
Jul 9, 2019 – 3SS has announced that it has been chosen to provide development, engineering and integration for Joyn, the entertainment streaming service co-owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery. Joyn features Germany’s biggest range of free-TV content.
News categories: 3SS, Joyn, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UX
ProSiebenSat.1 and RTL Deutschland establish addressable TV JV
Jun 5, 2019 – Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland and ProSiebenSat.1 have entered into a partnership that will enable advertisers to target relevant audiences, in the area of addressable TV and online video, across their complete portfolios with just a few clicks.
News categories: ProSiebenSat.1, RTL Deutschland, Matthias Dang, Thomas Wagner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany
Joyn free TV streaming platform for Germany to start in June 2019
May 8, 2019 – In June 2019, Joyn (formerly 7TV), the app featuring Germany’s biggest range of Free-TV content, will be launched. Joyn, the joint venture of ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery, offers live streams from over 50 TV channels plus an extensive on-demand offering.
News categories: 7TV, Alexandar Vassilev, Katja Hofem, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Zappn TV launches OTT channel on Veset's cloud platform
Sep 13, 2018 – Zappn TV is using Veset Cirrus to launch its new OTT channel. Veset Cirrus is a playout platform for OTT, developed natively for the cloud and IP. Zappn TV delivers a 24/7 livestream to mobile devices across Austria.
News categories: Veset, Zappn TV, Igor Krol, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Mobile, Streaming
German VOD revenues growing faster than ever
Jun 11, 2018 – At the end of 2017, 18% of all German households were subscribing to at least one paid-for VOD service. The market appears to be on an unabated growth trajectory and the boom is seeing revenues soar through the roof.
News categories: Goldmedia, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Streaming
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars