Digital TV News: Publica
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
OpenRTB 2.6 adds improvements to support CTV pod bidding
Dec 9, 2021 – IAB Tech Lab has released OpenRTB 2.6 for public comment for a 60-day period. The flagship feature of OpenRTB 2.6 is that it enables seamless buying of CTV inventory by introducing structured, dynamic, and hybrid ad pods.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Shailley Singh, James Wilhite, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
Nov 24, 2021 – DVB has approved specification updates that introduce capabilities to deliver 8K UHD video services. The updates, extending existing support for the HEVC codec, are the first in a series of additions planned for the DVB video coding specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
rlaxx TV selects Publica for CTV ad serving
Nov 16, 2021 – rlaxx TV has announced a partnership with Publica, enabling it to provide advertisers with buying techniques they have come to expect from linear TV, including competitive separation and the ability to purchase the first slot within ad pods.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Publica, Ronny Lutzi, Ben Antier, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
Oct 12, 2021 – LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) has added streaming inventory forecasting and data collaboration to its TV platform enabling media sellers and advertisers to collaborate, activate, and quantify media campaigns across all TV inventory.
News categories: LiveRamp, Jay Prasad, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
RAI first FTA broadcaster to watermark content against piracy
Sep 28, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Radio Televisione Italiana (RAI) is using its NexGuard forensic watermarking and anti-piracy services to protect its streaming content and related ad revenues.
News categories: NAGRA, Radiotelevisione Italiana, Thierry Legrand, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming, Watermarking
HbbTV Conformance Test Suite version 2021-2 released
Aug 31, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has published a new version of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite. The v2021-2 release includes new tests developed for Targeted Advertising (HbbTV-TA) and HbbTV specification v2.0.3.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Broadcast, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Streaming services overtake TV Everywhere in the U.S.
Aug 25, 2021 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has published its 1H 2021 U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report highlights the changing dynamics of how content owners and distributors are monetizing premium digital video content.
News categories: FreeWheel, James Rothwell, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 24,000 in 2Q 2021
Aug 18, 2021 – Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. has released results for the six months ended June 30, 2021. At the end of June the company had 4,961 thousand contract pay TV subscribers, down 40 thousand (-0.8%) year-on-year.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope