Digital TV News: Realtek
LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
Oct 6, 2022 – LG has expanded its smart TV platform business with the recent rolling out of its webOS Hub, delivering more customization options to smart TV makers and more convenience and content to end-users.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Jiuzhou and Realtek launch 4K RDK Video Accelerator STB
Sep 28, 2022 – Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric and Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) have announced an RDK4.0-based 4K Linux OTT/IPTV Video Accelerator set-top box. The Realtek RTD1319 chipset-based box can be customized to meet the needs of operators.
News categories: Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric, Realtek, Richard Han, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
Sep 26, 2022 – Realtek and Irdeto have announced a joint development: Realtek's RTD1319D set-top box system-on-chip (SoC) with Irdeto's hybrid DVB middleware for Android TV and RDK.
News categories: Realtek, Irdeto, Yee-Wei Huang, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek first with a 4K STB SoC supporting VVC/H.266
Aug 29, 2022 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced the world's first 4K UHD set-top box SoC (RTD1319D) to support the latest video compression standard – Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266).
News categories: Realtek, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto enables platform reusability and scalability for super aggregators
Sep 9, 2022 – Irdeto has announced a solution for the deployment of OTT and hybrid video platforms, leveraging its reusable Irdeto reference broadcast stack integrated with its Android TV Hybrid stack or RDK Video Accelerator.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek and NAGRA collaborate on hybrid RDK set-top box solution
Jul 11, 2022 – Realtek and NAGRA have collaborated on a hybrid RDK offering. The RDK Video-based solution, for OTT, IP, and hybrid pay TV STBs, runs on Realtek's RTD1319 chipset series and includes support for NAGRA Connect OTT and CAS.
News categories: Realtek, NAGRA, Yee-Wei Huang, Sebastian Kranmer, Conditional Access, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia partners with Realtek to launch NextGen TV reference platform
Jun 7, 2022 – iWedia has partnered with Realtek to develop a reference platform to speed ATSC 3.0 deployment. The platform is based on Realtek's TV SoC and hardware platform integrated with the iWedia ATSC 3.0 broadcast/broadband stack and browser.
News categories: iWedia, Realtek, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Yee-Wei Huang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Realtek launches image compression DTV SoC with Imagination
Mar 10, 2022 – Imagination Technologies has announced that its IMG B-Series BXE-4-32 GPU, with IMGIC image compression technology, has been integrated into Realtek's latest SoC, RTD2885N, and is currently shipping into significant digital television brands.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Realtek, Maxwell Lin, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Realtek joins Netflix Android TV and RDK set-top scaling programs
Dec 13, 2021 – Realtek has announced that it has joined the Netflix Hailstorm and Da Vinci scaling programs, delivering pre-integrated Netflix to both Android TV and RDK with approved SoC security NSV2018.1 from Netflix.
News categories: Realtek, Netflix, Yee-Wei Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media