Digital TV News: SES
tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has announced Apple TV 4K software updates for this fall. With tvOS 17, FaceTime comes to Apple TV 4K, along with other enhancements for a more personalised experience.
News categories: Apple, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
NPAW introduces anti-account sharing and playback-resuming solutions
May 10, 2023 – NPAW has introduced anti-account sharing for OTT services to its suite of analytics apps. A bookmarking solution supporting playback-resumption across devices has also been added.
News categories: NPAW, Ruben Senor-Megias, Big Data, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
SES reaches 369 million homes worldwide
May 10, 2023 – SES has announced results from its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers over 8,000 channels to 369 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of three million over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
OCGL uses AWS to enhance video streaming and improve accessibility
Apr 17, 2023 – AsiaSat's OCGL is using AWS for live streaming and to roll out new applications and services swiftly without the need to worry about infrastructure stability and scalability.
News categories: AsiaSat, AWS, Roger Tong, OCGL, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
SES secures €75m of German video contract extensions
Apr 13, 2023 – SES has signed multi-year capacity agreements with multiple broadcasters, enabling millions of satellite TV households across Germany to continue watching SD and HD content.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
VIDAA launches latest version of its Smart TV OS
Apr 14, 2023 – VIDAA has announced the launch of the latest version of its Smart TV OS platform. The new VIDAA OS is faster, more reliable, more secure, and offers more customization options than ever before.
News categories: VIDAA, Yaniv Gruenwald, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
ZEE5 selects NAGRA Active Streaming Protection
Apr 11, 2023 – ZEE5 has selected Active Streaming Protection from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S). The multi-DRM session management solution has the added benefit of built-in security monitoring and analytics.
News categories: NAGRA, ZEE5, Stéphane Le Dreau, Kishore AK, Big Data, Digital TV, DRM, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia brings cloud, streaming and distribution technologies to NAB 2023
Apr 6, 2023 – Synamedia has announced its NAB Show line-up of technologies that enable the distribution and delivery of streaming content across the spectrum of sports, from local clubs to global events.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028