Digital TV News: SMPTE
Socionext develops small, low power 4K/60p HEVC codec
Apr 11, 2017 – Socionext has introduced the SC2M50, an HEVC/H.265 codec IC. Sample shipments will start in May 2017. The company will demonstrate the device at the NAB show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Socionext, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases industry guidelines
Apr 18, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has released the first phase of industry Guidelines on end-to-end workflows for creating and delivering live and pre-recorded UHD content.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBC2023, NABShow
Sigma Designs shipping first UHD TV chip with Dolby Vision
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has begun delivering volume quantities of its STV7701 Ultra HD High Dynamic Range (HDR). The single-chip is the only product shipping that supports multiple HDR standards including Dolby Vision, BD UHD HDR, and HDR 10.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dolby, Giles Baker, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Frame Rate Converter IC supports Ultra HD and Multiple HDR standards
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the FRC8200, a single chip for Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) frame rate conversion. The solution provides advanced content processing and interfaces with any next generation smart TV SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ten more ATSC 3.0 specifications move to Candidate Standard
Dec 7, 2015 – Ten more standards in the ATSC 3.0 suite of standards – including video encoding, Internet Protocol transport, electronic service guides and closed captioning – are moving toward 'Candidate Standard' status this month, the Advanced Television Systems Committee has announced.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mark Richer, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA
SMPTE publishes study group report on HDR
Oct 27, 2015 – The SMPTE has announced the publication of a study group report on the HDR imaging ecosystem. The report summarizes discussion on the implementation of HDR and addresses key questions that will arise as members take advantage of the technology.
News categories: SMPTE, Alan Lambshead, Thomas Bause Mason, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
MStar adopts Dolby Vision for 4K Ultra HD TV SoCs
Oct 14, 2015 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) has announced a collaboration with MStar Semiconductor to add Dolby Vision to MStar's 4K Ultra HD SoCs for HDR TVs in 2016. Dolby has worked with Mstar to optimize Dolby Vision for integration into MStar's video processing engine.
News categories: Dolby, MStar Semi, Giles Baker, Sean Lin, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
CEA defines 'HDR Compatible' displays
Aug 27, 2015 – The CEA has announced the industry definition for high dynamic range (HDR) compatible video displays. HDR is a new capability that promises to deliver an expansive range of brightness and shadow detail, further enhancing the viewing experience.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set