Digital TV News: SMiT
Evergent subscription management for Astro's sooka OTT service
Sep 8, 2021 – Evergent has announced that Astro will use its customer management and monetization tools to support registration and subscription management for its new streaming service, sooka.
News categories: Evergent, Astro, sooka, Vijay Sajja, Euan Smith, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Paramount+ to launch on Sky across Europe
Aug 5, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that Paramount+ will launch on Sky platforms in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Austria (GSA) in 2022.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Sky, Paramount+, Raffaele Annecchino, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Satellite, Switzerland, UK
Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
Jul 26, 2021 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) and EKT have agreed terms for the transfer of EKT's Athens based Advanced Media Group to OBS. The EKT team has more than a decade's experience in streaming video, media players and browser-based solutions.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, EKT, Paul Martin, Richard Smith, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Set Top Box, Software, Worldwide
Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
May 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand has announced that its streaming service, Paramount+, will launch in Australia on August 11, 2021. Priced at $8.99 per month, subscribers will have access to more than 20,000 episodes and movies.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Eurofins launches CI Plus 2.0 module testing tool and service
Apr 27, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has worked alongside CAM solution specialists to develop a module test tool designed to test USB Conditional Access Modules (CAM) devices for conformance against CI Plus 2.0 standards.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Xavier Teil, Bingyu Xiang, Erik Gazzoni, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Kantar and Ipsos to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands
Mar 30, 2021 – Kantar and Ipsos have won contracts to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands. Working with NMO, the solution is the world's first truly integrated audience measurement programme.
News categories: Kantar, Ipsos, Nationaal Media Onderzoek, Serge Lupas, Liz Landy, Johan Smit, Harry Dekker, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
Despite pandemic, global CE revenues grew 7% in 2020
Feb 3, 2021 – Strong demand for home computers, tablets and games consoles helped CE trade revenues reach $358.5Bn in 2020, up 7% on 2019, according to Strategy Analytics. TV sales were down slightly (-2%) but this was a significant improvement on industry expectations earlier in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Eric Smith, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nordija, EKT, Verimatrix offer cloud solution for IPTV/OTT video providers
Sep 7, 2020 – Nordija, EKT and Verimatrix have unveiled a cloud-based solution for IPTV and OTT video service providers. The Stratos bundle pre-integrates Nordija's video platform, EKT's device management and Verimatrix's content security.
News categories: Nordija, EKT, Verimatrix, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform