Digital TV News: SMiT
PCCW and CANAL+ partner to accelerate growth of Viu
Jun 21, 2023 – PCCW [SEHK:0008] and CANAL+ have announced a deal under which CANAL+ will become a 26.1% minority shareholder in Viu, with an option for further investment to bring its holding to 51%.
News categories: PCCW, CANAL+ Group, Viu, Susanna Hui, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming
Paramount+ now available on Virgin TV in the UK
May 12, 2023 – Virgin Media customers with Virgin TV 360 or Stream can now access Paramount+ directly via their set-top box for £6.99 per month or £69.90 per year.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Aniview, Evrideo launch distribution and monetization solution for CTV channels
Feb 15, 2023 – Aniview and Evrideo have announced a combined solution supporting the creation, distribution, and monetization needs of broadcasters, free ad-supported TV (FAST) network providers and CTV device manufacturers.
News categories: Aniview, Evrideo, Alon Carmel, Greg Smith, Avi Zenou, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Dec 8, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has launched in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, following the launch of the service in France on December 1st, completing a year of global expansion with the service now live in 45 markets.
News categories: Paramount+, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Media Distillery and NLZIET partner on content discovery
Nov 10, 2022 – Media Distillery and NLZIET have announced a partnership to improve customer experience through topic-based content discovery. NLZIET is a Dutch OTT streaming service owned and operated by the country’s three major broadcasting groups (NPO, RTL and Talpa).
News categories: Media Distillery, NLZIET, Roland Sars, Sander Kouwenhove, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, UX
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
Oct 5, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Astro Malaysia has gone live with Synamedia Clarissa to gain a deeper understanding about how business decisions impact viewer behaviour and content consumption, with the goal of boosting engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro Malaysia, Paul Segre, Euan Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Simply.TV acquires metadata and EPG specialist GVIDI
Aug 22, 2022 – Simply.TV has announced the acquisition of metadata specialist GVIDI, adding talent, strong leadership and around 25 customers. The acquisition is Simply.TV's first and underpins the ambitions of the company.
News categories: Simply.TV, GVIDI, Daniel Rühmann, Tijn Smithuis, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UX, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029