Digital TV News: Sky New Zealand
Sky New Zealand reports results for 2021 financial year
Aug 25, 2021 – Sky NZ has reported results for its 2021 financial year. Sky Box customers were down 4% YoY at 561,989. Streaming customers (Neon, Lightbox, Sky Sport Now, RugbyPass and retransmission) were down 3% YoY to 393,179.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
Jun 8, 2021 – Intertrust and Sky New Zealand have announced that Sky New Zealand will use Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to help protect Sky New Zealand’s Sky Go, an OTT video service.
News categories: Intertrust, Sky New Zealand, Ali Hodjat, Jonny Errington, Digital TV, DRM, New Zealand, TV Everywhere
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
Oct 13, 2019 – New Zealand Rugby (NZR) and Sky have announced a broadcast agreement which extends Sky’s existing SANZAAR broadcast rights to 2025. The agreement includes NZR becoming a 5% shareholder in Sky.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, New Zealand Rugby, Martin Stewart, Steve Tew, MandA, New Zealand, Satellite
Sky New Zealand advances multiscreen TV experiences with Cisco
Sep 14, 2017 – Sky New Zealand is transforming its Pay TV operations with the Cisco Infinite Video Platform. On the horizon is the introduction of a Hybrid PVR solution with Kaon Hybrid DVR STBs and VoD over IP, extending to iOS and Android personal consumer devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky New Zealand, Conrad Clemson, Julian Wheeler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
thePlatform selected for Australia's 'Stan' SVOD
Mar 31, 2015 – thePlatform has announced that it has been selected by Stan, the joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, to provide back-end video services for the Australian subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
News categories: thePlatform, Stan, Marty Roberts, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RSCC Picks Irdeto to Protect New Direct-to-Operator Satellite Services
Jan 31, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has selected Irdeto as a main provider of media protection solutions to secure the content of the commercial TV channels distributed via RSCC satellites.
News categories: Irdeto, RSCC, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product