Digital TV News: Skyworth
Skyworth's Strong-branded SRT420 STB integrates Live TV app from iWedia
Nov 8, 2022 – iWedia and Skyworth, under its brand name of Strong, have announced a partnership to facilitate the delivery of iWedia's Live TV application for retail hybrid Android devices.
News categories: iWedia, Skyworth, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Charlie Zheng, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
NetRange Smart TV portal and browser for Skyworth RDK STBs
Oct 31, 2022 – NetRange and Skyworth Digital Technology have announced that the NetRange Smart TV Portal for RDK and the NetFront™ Browser BE have been selected to provide content services through Skyworth RDK set-top boxes.
News categories: ACCESS Co, Skyworth Digital Technology, Michi Uematsu, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
Sep 29, 2022 – Set-top box (STB) shipments continued to decline in 2021, according to ABI Research. Subdued demand will result in a contraction of global annual STB shipments from 203.1 million in 2022 to 195.2 million in 2025.
News categories: ABI Research, Andrew Spivey, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
Sep 28, 2022 – iWedia is working with Google to develop and deliver a Live TV application for Google TV and other Android TV OS devices. The Live TV app has been licensed by Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Irdeto enables platform reusability and scalability for super aggregators
Sep 9, 2022 – Irdeto has announced a solution for the deployment of OTT and hybrid video platforms, leveraging its reusable Irdeto reference broadcast stack integrated with its Android TV Hybrid stack or RDK Video Accelerator.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
Jun 29, 2022 – Skyworth Digital has announced that Bhimavaram Community Network (BCN) has chosen Skyworth Digital as the provider of Asia's first 4K RDK IPTV set-top box for access to BCN's digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Bhimavaram Community Network, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, IPTV, RDK, Set Top Box
First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
May 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company expects to launch the first TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS in late 2023 or early 2024.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
ORS launches hybrid Android TV STBs powered by Skyworth and 3SS
May 4, 2022 – 3SS and Skyworth Digital have announced that ORS has launched next-generation satellite and terrestrial STBs for its simpliTV services. The Skyworth 4K hybrid boxes feature a customized UX created and delivered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Skyworth Digital, simpliTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Srithar Bala, Thomas Langsenlehner, Android TV, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December