Digital TV News: Sofia Digital
Intertrust and Sofia Digital partner to enable direct-to-Smart TV for operators
Sep 10, 2022 – Combining Sofia Digital's HbbTV Application with Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA, operators can build their broadcast and OTT TV services directly on smart TVs, avoiding the costly set-top box.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Sofia Digital, Manas Matti, Juho Mäyränpää, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
First results of German DVB-I Pilot to be shown at IBC 2022
Sep 7, 2022 – Stakeholders from the media industry, including broadcasters, device manufacturers, software providers and research companies have announced the start of the 'German DVB-I Pilot'.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-I, Remo Vogel, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sofia Digital and Twise bring DVB-I to CAM-based HbbTV OpApp
Aug 30, 2022 – Sofia Digital and Twise have created a DVB-I client within an HbbTV Op App triggered by a CI Plus CAM, allowing operators to provide a set-top box like user experience without the need for a costly set-top box device.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Twise, Juho Mäyränpää, Xavier Teil, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2022, Smart TV
Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
Jun 20, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced additions to its DASH DRM Reference Application: multiperiod DASH, as may result from server-side ad insertion (SSAI); and PlayReady SL3000, as is being required more and more by US content providers.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Streaming, Worldwide
LovesTV available as an app on home menu of Vestel televisions
Feb 23, 2022 – Sofia Digital has collaborated with Cellnex Telecom to make HbbTV-based streaming service LOVEStv available as a Smart TV app on the home menu on Vestel TVs. Previously LOVEStv was available only as an overlay broadcast on participating TV channels.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Cellnex Telecom, LOVEStv, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
mtv and Sofia Digital make linear TV ads clickable on Smart TVs
Sep 27, 2021 – MTV Oy and Sofia Digital have developed a way to make advertising interactive on Smart TVs, enabling clickable campaigns to be activated on TV screens using companion devices such as smartphones.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MTV Oy, Advertising, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Smart TV, UX
Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
Sep 22, 2021 – Sofia Digital, in co-operation with the DVB Project, is working on a project to create a central service list registry (CSR) to help speed up adoption and applicability of the DVB-I standard.
News categories: Sofia Digital, DVB Project, DVB-I, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DVB releases free Reference Client for DVB-I services
Apr 22, 2020 – DVB has announced that an open source reference client for DVB-I is now available. Developed in collaboration with Sofia Digital, the reference client and related materials are released under the open source MIT license.
News categories: DVB Project, Sofia Digital, Emily Dubs, Mika Kanerva, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media