Digital TV News: TDC
TDC selects Mariner xVu for TV service assurance
Mar 21, 2017 – Mariner xVu has announced that TDC Group will deploy Mariner's xVu software as part of its strategic initiative to deliver best-in-class customer satisfaction and to enhance the organization's Service Experience Monitoring (SEM) project.
News categories: Mariner xVu, TDC Group, Marc Savoie, Jens Peter Villadsen, CPE, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
TDC expands Mediaroom footprint to Norway
Jun 8, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has announced that it is enabling TDC to expand its delivery of IP-based TV services outside Denmark. Alcatel-Lucent is extending TDC’s existing Mediaroom platform to Norwegian ISP, NextGenTel.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TDC, NextGenTel, Willem Hendrickx, Jacob Zentio Larsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
Norway's NexGenTel to re-use TDC IPTV platform
Oct 23, 2014 – TDC Group has announced that Norway's third largest broadband provider NexGenTel is to go live with a new IPTV platform based on TDC's technology after the two companies signed a cooperation agreement earlier this year.
News categories: TDC Group, NextGenTel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway
Denmark's TDC to deliver time-shift TV with Harmonic multiscreen solution
Mar 18, 2014 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TDC, Denmark’s principal telecom company, has deployed a multiscreen solution from Harmonic to deliver time-shift services with catch-up TV content through its YouSee and TDC brands.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, TDC, YouSee, Tom Eltzholtz, Thomas Henriksen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Mobile, Video Exchange
TDC TV stable over 2013 with 1.38 million subscribers
Feb 4, 2014 – TDC has published results for the fourth quarter of 2013. Continued TV net adds in TDC brand (5k) and Fullrate TV relaunch (4k) compensated for the loss of YouSee customers in the organized market (-10k in Q4).
News categories: YouSee, TDC, Cable TV, Denmark, Results
Denmark's TDC and YouSee Deploy Agama Monitoring for TV Service Quality Assurance
Jul 24, 2012 – Agama Technologies has announced that Danish communications service providers TDC and YouSee have chosen to deploy an Agama solution for head-end and distribution monitoring in their Microsoft® Mediaroom® IPTV platform.
News categories: Agama Technologies, TDC, YouSee, Mikael Dahlgren, Content Distribution, Denmark, IPTV, Middleware
Danish world premiere of next generation mobile TV standard DVB-T2 Lite
Mar 13, 2012 – As one of the first in Europe, Open Channel started trials of DVB-T2 in 2010. Open Channel again leads the way as the first in the world to air the next generation of mobile TV, based on the new standard DVB-T2 Lite profile.
News categories: Open Channel, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Mobile, Tablet
First Danish trials with DVB-T2 have gone live
Jun 9, 2010 – A small Copenhagen based company, Open Channel, has after many months of preparation started to broadcast 2nd generation terrestrial digital TV, DVB-T2, on UHF Channel 67 in the Greater Copenhagen area, also called MUXKBH-2.
News categories: Open Channel, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK