Digital TV News: Telecentro
Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
May 22, 2020 – Telecentras and Bitė Lietuva have signed an agreement under which Bitė is to acquire Telecentro’s Internet, data transmission and IPTV business in Lithuania, which is being developed under the Mezon brand.
News categories: Bitė Lietuva, Telecentras, Pranas Kuisys, Vidas Danielius, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MandA
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Wiztivi and Ekioh provide browser-based UI at Argentina's Telecentro
Mar 28, 2017 – Wiztivi and Ekioh have announced that they have worked alongside cable operator Telecentro on a set-top box deployment in Argentina, together providing the User Experience running on the box.
News categories: Ekioh, Wiztivi, Stephen Reeder, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
Coship doing well in South America
Nov 3, 2009 – The Brazilian DTH service Via Embratel (Mexico:TELINTL; NYSE:TII) is expected to have installed about 600,000 satellite set-top boxes from Coship (Shenzhen:002052) by the end of December 2009.
News categories: Coship, Via Embratel, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uruguay
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform