Digital TV News: Telecentro
Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
May 22, 2020 – Telecentras and Bitė Lietuva have signed an agreement under which Bitė is to acquire Telecentro’s Internet, data transmission and IPTV business in Lithuania, which is being developed under the Mezon brand.
News categories: Bitė Lietuva, Telecentras, Pranas Kuisys, Vidas Danielius, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MandA
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Wiztivi and Ekioh provide browser-based UI at Argentina's Telecentro
Mar 28, 2017 – Wiztivi and Ekioh have announced that they have worked alongside cable operator Telecentro on a set-top box deployment in Argentina, together providing the User Experience running on the box.
News categories: Ekioh, Wiztivi, Stephen Reeder, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
Coship doing well in South America
Nov 3, 2009 – The Brazilian DTH service Via Embratel (Mexico:TELINTL; NYSE:TII) is expected to have installed about 600,000 satellite set-top boxes from Coship (Shenzhen:002052) by the end of December 2009.
News categories: Coship, Via Embratel, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uruguay
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering