Digital TV News: Telecentro
Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
May 22, 2020 – Telecentras and Bitė Lietuva have signed an agreement under which Bitė is to acquire Telecentro’s Internet, data transmission and IPTV business in Lithuania, which is being developed under the Mezon brand.
News categories: Bitė Lietuva, Telecentras, Pranas Kuisys, Vidas Danielius, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MnA
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Wiztivi and Ekioh provide browser-based UI at Argentina's Telecentro
Mar 28, 2017 – Wiztivi and Ekioh have announced that they have worked alongside cable operator Telecentro on a set-top box deployment in Argentina, together providing the User Experience running on the box.
News categories: Ekioh, Wiztivi, Stephen Reeder, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
Coship doing well in South America
Nov 3, 2009 – The Brazilian DTH service Via Embratel (Mexico:TELINTL; NYSE:TII) is expected to have installed about 600,000 satellite set-top boxes from Coship (Shenzhen:002052) by the end of December 2009.
News categories: Coship, Via Embratel, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uruguay
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020