Digital TV News: Telechips
Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
Oct 22, 2019 – Wyplay and SmarDTV Global have joined forces to build a range of ready-to-deploy Android TV platforms. The platforms include STBs pre-integrated with TV middleware and Operator Tier Custom Launcher as well as a range of back-end software components.
News categories: Wyplay, SmarDTV, Dominique Feral, Guillaume Reillon, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Telechips integrates Synamedia 4K CA with Android TV Pie
Feb 15, 2019 – Telechips has announced that it has been certified for Synamedia’s 4K conditional access system. Telechips' Lion SoCs can at the same time support Android TV Pie. The integration of Android TV Pie with Synamedia' 4K CAS is a world first.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, Stanley Kim, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips and Sigma Designs terminate their cooperation agreement
Aug 25, 2017 – Telechips and Sigma Designs have mutually agreed to terminate their joint cooperation agreement for the development and marketing of a common line of chipsets. Instead, Telechips licensed the key technologies provided by Sigma to aggressively pursue STB market opportunities.
News categories: Telechips, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Licensing, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs and Telechips to co-develop UHD IP-STB SoCs
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Telechips (KOSDAQ: 054450) have announced that they are to jointly develop and market advanced SoC solutions for the new generation of ultra-high-definition IP streaming set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Telechips, Thinh Tran, JK Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
ACCESS and Telechips show world’s first Android HbbTV STB SoC at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – ACCESS CO. and Telechips have announced that they will host joint demonstrations at CES 2016 showing how operators can utilize HbbTV running on an Android hybrid TV to deliver content to Android users without compromising on security.
News categories: Telechips, ACCESS CO, Andrew Yong-kwon Lee, Dr. Neale Foster, CES2022, Digital TV, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opera TV solutions to power Telechips' OTT platforms
Sep 9, 2015 – Opera Software has announced that with the support of the Opera Devices SDK 4.x series and the Opera TV Store, Telechips will be able to demonstrate live and over-the-top (OTT) premium content streams from partners, such as BBC iPlayer and hundreds of other TV apps.
News categories: Opera Software, Telechips, Aneesh Rajaram, Yongkwon Lee, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Streaming
Telechips adds Sansa DRM to TCC896x processor
Jan 6, 2015 – Telechips and Sansa Security have announced a partnership to enable DRM for Telechips' TCC896x chipset. The partnership enables Telechips to provide a trusted execution environment (TEE) that complies with Hollywood studio standards.
News categories: Telechips, Sansa Security, Andrew Lee, Yossi Hermush, CES2022, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product