Digital TV News: TiVo
AVOD now accounts for 32% of video services used by North American consumers
Oct 27, 2022 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by consumers is approaching double-digits for the first time in history, up to an average of 9.86 video services from 8.8 a year ago.
News categories: TiVo, Walt Horstman, Michael Goodman, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi shows TiVo OS, plus pay TV and Vewd solutions for operators, at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – At IBC 2022, Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced solutions for pay-TV operators that combine the best of TiVo OS and Vewd, establishing Xperi as a leading independent media platform for Smart TVs, connected cars and pay-TV operators.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Chris Ambrozic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Xperi brings Vewd cloud-managed UX to Android TV with Evoca
Sep 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced the launch of Vewd OpX for Android TV Operator Tier. With this version, Vewd OpX, a cloud-managed STB UX integrating Pay-TV services with OTT content, is made available as a custom launcher and TV app for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Xperi, Evoca, Sascha Prüter, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Foxxum OS 4 to launch with El Araby Group
Sep 1, 2022 – Foxxum has acquired El Araby Group as the lead customer in Egypt, the Middle East, and Africa for its operating system for Connected TVs. El Araby will launch Foxxum OS 4 on its CTV devices, profiting from the OS's revenue share model.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby Group, Amlogic, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS
Xperi launches TiVo OS with Vestel as first OEM partner
Aug 31, 2022 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the launch of its independent media platform, TiVo OS. Consumer electronics leader Vestel will ship the first smart TVs Powered by TiVo™ in Europe beginning in 2023.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
Aug 3, 2022 – Simulmedia has renewed its partnership with TiVo which will help ensure that Simulmedia’s TV+ platform continues to provide marketers with audience planning, targeting and activation capabilities across ad-supported channels in the U.S.
News categories: Simulmedia, TiVo, Dave Morgan, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Vecima expands IPTV footprint at Blue Ridge Communications
Jun 2, 2022 – Vecima has expanded its MediaScale IP Video Streaming footprint at Blue Ridge Communications. The Vecima platform is being scaled to handle additional subscribers on the TiVo-fueled Blue Ridge experience and improve delivery of video traffic.
News categories: Vecima, Blue Ridge, TiVo, Dan Gledhill, Mark Maisenheimer, Jeff Glahn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring