Digital TV News: Vantiva
CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
Oct 3, 2023 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced plans to sell its Home Networks Business to Vantiva (Paris: VANTI). The transaction is expected to be completed in Q4 2023.
News categories: CommScope, Vantiva, Chuck Treadway, Luis Martinez-Amago, CPE, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
VANTIVA demonstrates latest CPE solutions at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – At CES, VANTIVA will be demonstrating an array of solutions around new innovations, including Wi-Fi 7, 5G FWA, connected fitness and a hybrid set-top box/soundbar, for the connected home market.
News categories: VANTIVA, Luis Martinez-Amago, Android TV, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TalkTalk launches TV Hub powered by Android TV
Oct 17, 2022 – TalkTalk has launched a TV Hub powered by Android TV. The box offers over 70 live TV channels, catchup services including BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub with streaming & subscription services including Netflix, Prime Video and NOW TV.
News categories: TalkTalk, Vantiva, Susie Buckridge, Christian Lefebvre, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2022 – Since the Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement (CEEVA) for Set-Top Boxes launched in 2017, the average energy consumption of new STBs has dropped by 58%, from 116.2 kWh/yr to 48.5 kWh/yr, according to a report.
News categories: CEEVA, NRCan, Fahd Aman, Drew Leyburne, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification