Digital TV News: Viaccess
Viaccess-Orca supports launch of Orange Belgium's new OTT services
Apr 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Belgium has launched its new TV service with VO's Secure Video Player. VO's Secure Video Player is deployed on TV decoders and mobile apps, assuring a superior QoE on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Benoit Brieussel, Guillaume Ducellier, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media power Avatel OTT service in Spain
Feb 24, 2022 – Avatel is delivering the OTT service with an end-to-end solution that includes VO's Service Delivery Platform, Multi-DRM, and Secure Video Player; encoding, origin packaging, Cloud DVR, and CDN from Ateme; and multiscreen apps from Optiva Media.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media, Avatel, Arnaud Alvarez, Alfredo Navarro, Cristina Garcés, Oriol Pedrals, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming
Viaccess-Orca powers Android TV offering at Orange Slovensko
Feb 21, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Slovensko has launched an Android TV offering with VO's DRM solutions. VO provides Orange Slovensko with solutions for content protection and multi-DRM management on its Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange Slovensko, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Martin Lednár, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Ateme to show media delivery over 5G at MWC
Feb 17, 2022 – Ateme is to show its sustainable 5G media delivery solution at MWC22. The demo will include real use cases in streaming over 5G, showcasing the latest from NESTED 5G, a project that aims to develop a high QoE and sustainable video-streaming solution over 5G.
News categories: Ateme, Mickaël Raulet, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC22, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca won't physically exhibit at IBC2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that in light of the recent surge in COVID-19 cases and enhanced safety restrictions in the Netherlands the company will not physically participate in IBC2021.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Philippe Leonetti, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands
ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
Oct 20, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and ATEME have announced that VO's dynamic watermarking is embedded in IRDs and encoders from ATEME, enabling content owners and providers to identify the source of piracy leaks within various distribution channels.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, ATEME, Mathieu Harel, Julien Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
Oct 12, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that French operator Vialis has launched a new hybrid DTT and OTT service powered by the VO TV Platform, enabling Vialis to deliver personalized viewer experiences on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Vialis, Arnaud Alvarez, Jacky Hahn, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming, Terrestrial
Orange Slovensko Android TV STB runs on the nangu.TV platform
Oct 4, 2021 – nangu.TV has unveiled that the Android TV Operator Tier set-top box deployed by Orange Slovensko runs on the nangu.TV platform. The 4K UHD box was developed with CommScope and Viaccess Orca.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange Slovensko, CommScope, Zdeněk Gerlický, Júlia Piovarči, Phil Cardy, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, UX
PCCW Media selects Viaccess-Orca for Euro 2020 'Watch Party' playback
Jul 6, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the VO Secure Player is enabling PCCW Media to offer a 'Watch Party' feature for its Now TV customers during the ongoing UEFA EURO 2020 football tournament.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Dokyung Lee, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Media Player, UX
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion