Digital TV News: Viu
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Now TV introduces 'Now H1' Android TV box
May 24, 2022 – Now TV (SEHK:6823) has launched Now H1, a smart device that runs on the Android TV OS and enables Now H1 users to enjoy a world of entertainment with Now TV movies, drama, sports and edutainment, as well as all their favourite personal apps from Google Play.
News categories: HKT, Google, Now TV, Derek Choi, Michael Yue, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
StarHub adds Viu to StarHub TV+
Apr 28, 2022 – StarHub has announced a collaboration with Viu for customers to catch over 12,000 hours of Asian content on StarHub TV+. The tie-up with Viu marks the 11th app to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Viu, Andrew Tan, Anson Tan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
Video revenue in the GCC region to grow to $2.1bn by 2026
Feb 22, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has announced that the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) video industry grew revenue by 11% Y/Y in 2021 to reach US$1.9 billion. SVOD contributed 23% to total revenue while AVOD contributed 26%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Myat Pan Phyu, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, TV Services
PCCW's Viu enjoys significant growth in 2021
Feb 28, 2022 – Viu has announced that the platform saw a growth of approximately 30% in Monthly Active Users (MAU) in 2021 as compared to 2020, reaching 58.6 million. Viu also enjoyed a total of 8.4 million paid subscribers at year end.
News categories: PCCW, Viu, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming, Subscribers
SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
Sep 24, 2021 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 12% in 2020 to about 27% in 2025, driven by considerable rise in the adoption of OTT video, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
Nearly 700 million SVOD subscribers for Asia Pacific in 2026
Sep 9, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific region will have 698 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 502 million at end-2021. China will be providing 354 million of the subscriptions in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
CSG powers TV experiences at Maxis in Malaysia
Jun 30, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has expanded its relationship with Maxis. CSG enabled the launch of Maxis TV 2.0, and is poised to help drive future growth of Maxis' services through the launch of new experiences.
News categories: CSG, Maxis, Ian Watterson, Gokhan Ogut, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming, UX
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households