Digital TV News: Xstream A/S
SeaChange acquires Xstream
Feb 11, 2019 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has acquired privately-held Xstream A/S. SeaChange paid $4.6 million in cash and 541,738 shares of SeaChange common stock, for a total transaction value as of February 6, 2019 of $5.5 million.
News categories: SeaChange, Xstream, Ed Terino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Altibox signs SaaS-based master agreement with Xstream
Dec 5, 2018 – Xstream has announced that its service agreement with Norway's Altibox has been upgraded to a multi-year software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model. Altibox has used Xstream’s services since 2010.
News categories: Xstream, Altibox, Michael Rasmussen, Jarle Johnson, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, TV Everywhere
Canal Digital renews OTT cloud partnership with Xstream
Feb 20, 2018 – Xstream has announced that Canal Digital has renewed its business relationship with Xstream enabling the continued use of its OTT cloud technology and managed operation services in the Nordic markets.
News categories: Xstream, Canal Digital, Michael Rasmussen, Henke Erichsen, Content Distribution, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Xstream launches OTT monetisation tool
Aug 16, 2017 – Xstream has launched a customer engagement tool enabling video providers to boost subscriber acquisition, speed up conversion into paying customers and to lengthen customer retention times.
News categories: Xstream, Jacob Barlebo, Big Data, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
Oct 23, 2014 – Canal Digital customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland can now see their favorite TV show and movies on their iPad with the recently launched Canal Digital GO iPad app, designed, developed and powered by Xstream.
News categories: Xstream A/S, Canal Digital, Frank Thorup, Tone Krohn Clausen, Apps, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Spark New Zealand selects OTT platform provider, Xstream
Aug 28, 2014 – Xstream has announced that Spark New Zealand (formerly Telecom NZ) has selected its video management platform, Xstream MediaMaker, for delivery of the new Spark OTT video service, Lightbox.
News categories: Xstream A/S, Spark, Lightbox, Mike McMahon, Frank Thorup, Content Distribution, IBC2022, New Zealand, Streaming
Xstream teams up with Conax to secure OTT services
Sep 11, 2013 – Conax and Xstream have announced a partnership to offer a flexible platform for secure delivery of OTT video services - enabling customers to protect, manage and monetize their online video content on all devices.
News categories: Xstream, Conax, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming
SBS Belgium taps Xstream for OTT delivery
Jun 6, 2013 – Xstream has announced that SBS Belgium has selected Xstream's MediaMaker video management system for its new OTT video service on web and mobile devices, due for rollout later this year.
News categories: Xstream, SBS Belgium, Belgium, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Streaming
Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
May 21, 2013 – Xstream has announced that Pathé Thuis, one of Holland's leading online video-on-demand services, has selected Xstream to implement and deliver Widevine DRM for iOS and Android content delivery.
News categories: Widevine, Xstream, Pathé Thuis, Content Protection, DRM, Netherlands, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December