Digital TV News: iWedia
iWedia provides Android TV Custom Launcher for Innopia
Nov 8, 2022 – iWedia and INNOPIA have announced that iWedia's Android TV Custom Launcher will feature in Innopia's Android TV STBs. The white-label launcher features STAGE, a modern UI with multiscreen capability.
News categories: iWedia, Innopia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Dr. Heewon Park, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
DigiCAP and iWedia create ATSC 3.0-hybrid HDMI dongle
Oct 13, 2022 – DigiCAP and iWedia have collaborated to create the first ATSC 3.0-Hybrid HDMI dongle of its kind. The solution, named AirCaster, enables an integrated user experience between NEXTGEN TV and OTT.
News categories: iWedia, DigiCAP, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Pete Han, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
Sep 28, 2022 – iWedia is working with Google to develop and deliver a Live TV application for Google TV and other Android TV OS devices. The Live TV app has been licensed by Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Pearl TV and iWedia fast track ATSC 3.0 A/344 development on Android TV
Sep 8, 2022 – Pearl TV and iWedia have launched a program that accelerates and streamlines the path for adoption of NEXTGEN TV technology by consumer electronic makers producing smart TVs and related devices at volume in the Android TV marketplace.
News categories: iWedia, Pearl TV, Hans-Juergen, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, USA
RT-RK and iWedia partner on OTT application development for the car
Sep 7, 2022 – RT-RK and iWedia have announced a joint offer for OTT application development for the car. The solution is built on iWedia's media player together with RT-RK's know-how in DRM, ABR streaming, and Android Automotive OS system integration.
News categories: RT-RK, iWedia, Milenko Beric, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
Aug 3, 2022 – iWedia as announced that it has integrated its software solutions for digital TV service operators and consumer electronics manufacturers in more than 6 million Android TV OS deployments.
News categories: iWedia, Google, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Mark Seidenfeld, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia partners with Realtek to launch NextGen TV reference platform
Jun 7, 2022 – iWedia has partnered with Realtek to develop a reference platform to speed ATSC 3.0 deployment. The platform is based on Realtek's TV SoC and hardware platform integrated with the iWedia ATSC 3.0 broadcast/broadband stack and browser.
News categories: iWedia, Realtek, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Yee-Wei Huang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
May 17, 2022 – iWedia has announced the launch of an ATSC 3.0 broadcast and broadband software stack, designed to give network operators more flexibility, greater reliability and more efficient operation. iWedia has also become a member of the ATSC committee.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
Bouygues Telecom launches Bbox 4K HDR with iWedia
Apr 13, 2022 – iWedia has worked with Bouygues Telecom to develop and deploy its new Bbox 4K HDR set-top box. Using a custom Android TV launcher, Bouygues Telecom serves content and services to subscribers via a comprehensive UX.
News categories: iWedia, Bouygues Telecom, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Herminio de Faria, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media