Digital TV News: nScreenMedia
FAST Channels TV white label OTT platform launches
Feb 18, 2022 – FAST Channels TV has launched, targeting global OTT content distribution. The platform is a system for channel playout with automation, a 170+ channel lineup along with distribution services, to easily reach the digital age audience.
News categories: FAST Channels TV, Russell Foy, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. FAST market to reach $4.1 billion in 2023
Aug 26, 2021 – According to research from nScreenMedia, sponsored by Verizon Media, ad revenue earned by virtual linear (vLinear) channels is expected to grow from $2.1 billion in 2021 to $4.1 billion in 2023.
News categories: nScreenMedia, Verizon Media, Colin Dixon, Ariff Sidi, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Telenet implements UI image optimisation with Media Distillery
May 25, 2021 – Media Distillery has announced that Telenet has deployed Media Distillery's technology to enhance the TV browsing and content discovery experience for its 1.8 million cable TV subscribers.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Ivor Micallef, Colin Dixon, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics partner on OTT personalization
Sep 8, 2020 – Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics are partnering to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to deploy cloud-native personalization capabilities that drive long-term subscriber value.
News categories: Firstlight Media, ThinkAnalytics, Andre Christensen, Juan Martin, Gabriel Berger, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
Mar 19, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a study that delves into consumer relationships with streaming video services and viewing behaviors. The study found that 70% of households in the U.S. and 40% of U.K. homes have a subscription to at least one streaming video service.
News categories: Vindicia, nScreenMedia, Anthony Goonetilleke, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Mobiles and PCs falling out of favour for binge TV watching
May 9, 2018 – Conviva and nScreenMedia have announced research analyzing streaming around the globe. The report examines viewing trends such as in-home versus out-of-home, device usage across dayparts, and content patterns related to short-form, long-form, live-linear broadcasts, and sports.
News categories: Conviva, nScreenMedia, Dr. Hui Zhang, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange
TiVo introduces personalized content discovery with voice search
Jul 25, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) has introduced a fully-integrated Personalized Content Discovery platform. The platform provides content discovery features that combine the power of TiVo’s conversational voice search with personalized search and recommendations.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Pratik Patel, Colin Dixon, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Out-of-home streaming for TiVo Roamio users
Oct 24, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of out-of-home streaming on the TiVo Roamio Pro and TiVo Roamio Plus DVRs, letting you stream and download your live TV and recorded content to your smartphones and tablets from anywhere.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jim Denney, Colin Dixon, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June