Digital TV News: ARRIS
NPA Conseil, Médiamétrie publish French AVOD market report
Aug 31, 2023 – NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie have published the 2nd part of their AVoD Market Report survey, dedicated to monitoring the development of AVOD, FAST and more generally CTV ecosystems in France.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
U.S. Cyber Trust Mark labeling program for smart devices announced
Jul 18, 2023 – The U.S. has announced a cybersecurity certification and labeling program to help Americans more easily choose smart devices that are safer and less vulnerable to cyberattacks.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart TV, USA
Adoption of streaming in Japan driven by ad-supported content
Jul 11, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has unveiled research showing that in Japan adoption of streaming services is driven by the popularity of ad-supported content, with 71% of TV viewers watching such services.
News categories: Magnite, Ken Harada, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
Jun 6, 2023 – VIDAA and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced a partnership to bring Paramount+ to smart TVs powered by VIDAA in Canada and Latin America, including Brazil.
News categories: VIDAA, Paramount+, Nick Ruczaj, Marco Nobili, Apps, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
Streaming TV is most-watched form of TV in the Nordics
Apr 25, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has unveiled a study on how streaming TV is evolving in the Nordics. The research finds that streaming is now the most-watched form of TV in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
News categories: Magnite, Natasha Westlund, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Brightcove launch FAST channel solution with Frequency
Apr 17, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has partnered with Frequency to help customers easily create linear channels for distribution to FAST aggregators, MVPD and vMVPDs, and distribution channels globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Frequency, Marc DeBevoise, Blair Harrison, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
Mar 21, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has unveiled research showing that streaming TV is now the most-watched form of TV across the EU5, and how consumer attitudes and habits are reshaping the streaming landscape.
News categories: Magnite, Sam Wilson, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
Feb 2, 2023 – The DPP has published its annual predictions report. The report contains eight business focused predictions and explores themes that will dominate the media and broadcast agenda in the year ahead.
News categories: The DPP, Zixi, Mark Harrison, Gordon Brooks, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ITVX streaming service to launch in the UK on 8th December
Nov 8, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch date of its free streaming platform ITVX. Replacing ITV Hub as the online home of all ITV content, viewers can expect a new and improved product experience.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data