Digital TV News: Amlogic
Verimatrix, Beacon and Amlogic extend STB security to BYOD
Sep 6, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced customizable anti-piracy defensive countermeasures and threat intelligence built inside Android TV STBs from Beacon, integrated with Amlogic.
News categories: Verimatrix, Beacon, Amlogic, Sofia Regojo, Richard Kim, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TiVo OS integrated with Amlogic Smart TV chipsets
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE: XPER), a subsidiary of Xperi (NYSE: XPER), and Amlogic have announced that they have pre-integrated TiVo OS on Amlogic's T962D4 and T950D4 chipsets for the U.S. and European markets.
News categories: TiVo, Amlogic, Benjamin Maughan, James Xie, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
SEI and Amlogic develop Android TV set-top-box for FTP in Vietnam
Nov 9, 2022 – SEI Robotics and Amlogic have cooperated to roll out the 4K Android TV IPTV/OTT set-top-box for FPT. The box runs on an Amlogic S905Y4 chipset and supports on-demand and linear broadcasting for the Vietnam market.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Amlogic, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Vietnam
SDMC and iWedia collaborate on 4K Android TV hybrid STB
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC and iWedia have announced that they have collaborated on the development of a 4K Android TV hybrid set-top box from SDMC that integrates Google's Common Broadcast Stack with a Live TV app developed by iWedia.
News categories: iWedia, SDMC, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
SDMC, NAGRA and Amlogic launch ultra-secure Android TV solution
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC, together with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Amlogic, has announced that they have jointly launched an ultra-secure Android TV Solution leveraging NAGRA content protection technology for pay-TV operators.
News categories: SDMC, NAGRA, Amlogic, Ryan Yan, Sebastian Kramer, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
castLabs partners with SDMC on Widevine CAS integration
Nov 7, 2022 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with SDMC to simplify operator deployments of Widevine CAS protected content streaming with lower integration cost and turnaround time than today's practices.
News categories: castLabs, SDMC, Michael Stattmann, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE launches Android TV stick for operators
Oct 24, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched an Android TV UHD stick for operators at the Broadband World Forum. The portable home media terminal offers access to movies and TV sources on the internet as well as TV applications.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SEI Robotics and Amlogic launch 8K set-top box
Sep 9, 2022 – The SEI 8K Box is developed by SEI Robotics and co-launched with Amlogic. It integrates 8K, an IoT Module, Google Assistant, Dolby Atmos, DTS, EQ and HDR10+ to provide users with a cinema-level audio and video smart home experience.
News categories: Amlogic, SEI Robotics, James Xie, Jeff Yin, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE and Amlogic launch 8K STB at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), with Amlogic, has launched its ZTE 8K STB at IBC 2022. The 8K STB, connected to a big screen, can present an immersive 4K UI with enhanced ultra HD video quality, providing audience with an ultimate audiovisual experience.
News categories: ZTE, Amlogic, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029