Digital TV News: Aster
NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
Sep 23, 2021 – TV stations in St. Louis have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. The launch includes KDNL-TV (ABC), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC), KTVI (FOX) and KPLR-TV (CW). BitPath led the planning process and deployment efforts.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
Sep 23, 2021 – DTS (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vestel has gained DTS:X certification for their new range of TVs. DTS:X for TV is an immersive audio solution designed for single and dual-core TV SoC architectures.
News categories: DTS, Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
Sep 22, 2021 – Comcast has announced the global launch of XiOne, a wireless streaming device currently available in Italy and Germany to Sky Q customers and beginning its rollout in the United States to Xfinity Flex customers.
News categories: Comcast, Charlie Herrin, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
Sep 20, 2021 – As demand for subscription entertainment shows no sign of slowing, and content continues to fragment across new and existing services, audiences are fast approaching a tipping point, Deloitte Australia's latest Media Consumer Survey reveals.
News categories: Deloitte, Leora Nevezie, Will Castles, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
Sep 22, 2021 – Sofia Digital, in co-operation with the DVB Project, is working on a project to create a central service list registry (CSR) to help speed up adoption and applicability of the DVB-I standard.
News categories: Sofia Digital, DVB Project, DVB-I, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
Sep 21, 2021 – Netgem TV has announced that it will be powering Pure TV, a new offering in the Irish streaming market. Netgem provides a TV service for ISPs that allows them to augment their broadband packages.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
Sep 22, 2021 – Digital TV Research has forecast that there will be 47 million SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe by 2026, more than double the 22 million seen at end-2021. Russia will then have 20 million SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
Sep 20, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its Roku Streaming Stick 4K, offering powerful 4K streaming in a portable form factor, and the Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ which features the Roku Voice Remote Pro.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform