Digital TV News: Belgacom
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Retail OTT set-top boxes set to overtake telco IPTV STB shipments
May 11, 2015 – Global shipments of over-the-top (OTT) set-top boxes (STBs) sold at retail -- including Apple TV, Chromecast and Roku boxes -- will overtake shipments of IPTV STBs used for pay TV services in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Wyplay integrates Netflix for Belgium's Proximus TV
Feb 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced the deployment of Netflix on Proximus TV, Belgacom’s IPTV offering, which will take place over a period of several months. Gradually Proximus TV customers will have direct access to Netflix via their usual menu.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus TV, Netflix, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Belgium's Proximus TV adds Netflix VOD
Dec 16, 2014 – Belgacom has announced that Netflix is available via the menus of its Proximus TV service in Belgium, offering Proximus customers the opportunity to watch series and movies from the world leader in subscription video on demand.
News categories: Proximus, Netflix, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Belgacom TV adds 30,000 subscriptions in 1Q 2014
May 9, 2014 – The Belgacom Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2014. In the quarter, Belgacom added 30,000 TV subscriptions (including 9,000 multiple set-top boxes), slightly increasing Belgacom’s TV market share.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Belgacom launches V5 Mini set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Belgacom has announced the availability of its V5 Mini set-top box for Belgacom TV customers. Designed to serve as a second or third decoder, it has no hard disk and is smaller, lighter and more economical as well as fast and powerful.
News categories: Belgacom, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Belgacom launches TV Replay in Dutch-speaking parts of Belgium
Feb 17, 2014 – TV Replay is a Belgacom service which allows Belgacom TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Wyplay extends collaboration with STMicroelectronics
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay has announced an extension of its collaboration with STMicroelectronics to make the Frog by Wyplay open-source solution available on STMicroelectronics’ ‘Cannes’ and ‘Monaco’ System-on-Chip families.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Hervé Mathieu, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Frog By Wyplay middleware available on MStar MSD7C89
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay and MStar Semiconductor have officially unveiled the integration of the Frog By Wyplay solution onto their latest MSD7C89 SetTopBox chip.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, MStar Semi, Phillippe Notton, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying