Digital TV News: Boxer
Sweden's Boxer to launch HD DTT on November 1st
Oct 14, 2010 – On November 1 Boxer will begin digital terrestrial HDTV broadcasting in Sweden. Initial coverage will extend to over half of Sweden's households with a phased roll-out planned to eventually cover virtually the entire country.
News categories: Boxer, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
SoftAtHome Powers Boxer's Next Generation TV
Sep 9, 2010 – SoftAtHome has announced that Boxer TV has selected the SoftAtHome Operating Platform to power its next generation TV offering including HDTV over DVB-T2 in combination with On Demand services over Internet.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Boxer TV, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Viaccess and Orca Interactive Power Boxer TV Service with Pace and SoftAtHome
Sep 2, 2010 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) and its subsidiary Orca Interactive have announced that their integrated solution will power Swedish broadcaster Boxer's hybrid services with live premium content and video on-demand (VOD).
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Boxer, SoftAtHome, Pace plc, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVB-T2, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Boxer Denmark pay-DTT from November 1st
Aug 17, 2009 – Boxer has announced November 1st, 2009 as the launch date for its DTT pay TV service in Denmark. The service includes Flex8, where the customer chooses any 8 channels from a choice of 22 with the same price regardless of which channels are chosen.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Informa Announces Digital TV World Summit 2009
Aug 14, 2009 – This November 2009 Informa Telecoms and Media continues its strong tradition of delivering high-quality speakers, topical debate and unrivalled networking opportunities at the Digital TV World Summit, 17th-18th November, London.
News categories: Digital TV World Summit, Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Show, Streaming, Terrestrial
Boxer pay TV subscribers down 7k in Sweden & Denmark in 2Q09
Aug 13, 2009 – At the end of the second quarter 2009, DTT operator Boxer had 673,000 subscribers in Sweden and Denmark, down from 701,000 at the same time in 2008. The acquisition of Finland's PlusTV added 276,000 subscribers, to give a total of 949,000.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Finland, Results, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Broadcasting Commission of Ireland awards DTT Contracts to One Vision
May 11, 2009 – The Broadcasting Commission of Ireland has announced its decision to award the three national Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) multiplex contracts to One Vision, in principle.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Boxer Withdraws Application for Ireland's DTT
Apr 20, 2009 – The Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI) has confirmed the decision of Boxer DTT Limited to withdraw its applications for the three DTT Multiplex Contracts.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Boxer, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Terrestrial
Tough competition in Swedish digital-TV market continues for Boxer
Apr 16, 2009 – As at 31 March, Boxer had 680,000 digital-TV subscribers. This figure applies to both Sweden and the new operation in Denmark. Overall, the number of customers in Sweden continues to fall as a result of increasing competition.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server