Digital TV News: Boxer
Sweden's Boxer to launch HD DTT on November 1st
Oct 14, 2010 – On November 1 Boxer will begin digital terrestrial HDTV broadcasting in Sweden. Initial coverage will extend to over half of Sweden's households with a phased roll-out planned to eventually cover virtually the entire country.
News categories: Boxer, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
SoftAtHome Powers Boxer's Next Generation TV
Sep 9, 2010 – SoftAtHome has announced that Boxer TV has selected the SoftAtHome Operating Platform to power its next generation TV offering including HDTV over DVB-T2 in combination with On Demand services over Internet.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Boxer TV, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Viaccess and Orca Interactive Power Boxer TV Service with Pace and SoftAtHome
Sep 2, 2010 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) and its subsidiary Orca Interactive have announced that their integrated solution will power Swedish broadcaster Boxer's hybrid services with live premium content and video on-demand (VOD).
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Boxer, SoftAtHome, Pace plc, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVB-T2, DVR, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Boxer Denmark pay-DTT from November 1st
Aug 17, 2009 – Boxer has announced November 1st, 2009 as the launch date for its DTT pay TV service in Denmark. The service includes Flex8, where the customer chooses any 8 channels from a choice of 22 with the same price regardless of which channels are chosen.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Informa Announces Digital TV World Summit 2009
Aug 14, 2009 – This November 2009 Informa Telecoms and Media continues its strong tradition of delivering high-quality speakers, topical debate and unrivalled networking opportunities at the Digital TV World Summit, 17th-18th November, London.
News categories: Digital TV World Summit, Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Show, Streaming, Terrestrial
Boxer pay TV subscribers down 7k in Sweden & Denmark in 2Q09
Aug 13, 2009 – At the end of the second quarter 2009, DTT operator Boxer had 673,000 subscribers in Sweden and Denmark, down from 701,000 at the same time in 2008. The acquisition of Finland's PlusTV added 276,000 subscribers, to give a total of 949,000.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Finland, Results, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Broadcasting Commission of Ireland awards DTT Contracts to One Vision
May 11, 2009 – The Broadcasting Commission of Ireland has announced its decision to award the three national Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) multiplex contracts to One Vision, in principle.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Boxer Withdraws Application for Ireland's DTT
Apr 20, 2009 – The Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI) has confirmed the decision of Boxer DTT Limited to withdraw its applications for the three DTT Multiplex Contracts.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Boxer, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Terrestrial
Tough competition in Swedish digital-TV market continues for Boxer
Apr 16, 2009 – As at 31 March, Boxer had 680,000 digital-TV subscribers. This figure applies to both Sweden and the new operation in Denmark. Overall, the number of customers in Sweden continues to fall as a result of increasing competition.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023