Digital TV News: Broadband World Forum
ZTE launches Android TV stick for operators
Oct 24, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched an Android TV UHD stick for operators at the Broadband World Forum. The portable home media terminal offers access to movies and TV sources on the internet as well as TV applications.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
Oct 14, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that Orange has selected, for its new Livebox 5, SoftAtHome’s Connect’ON solution for an enriched online broadband experience. The home gateway is becoming a full service-delivery platform.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, David Viret-Lange, Ollivier Courtel, BBWF, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
AirTies launches RDK-based Wi-Fi solution
Oct 18, 2018 – AirTies has announced plans to make its managed Wi-Fi solution available for devices running the RDK software platform in Q1 2019. The company also disclosed that a Tier 1 operator expects to deploy AirTies' software on an RDK-based CPE in the coming year.
News categories: AirTies, RDK Management, Philippe Alcaras, Steve Heeb, BBWF, CableTecExpo, CPE, RDK, Smart Home, Worldwide
Bulb Technologies certified for Huawei's Envision video platform
Oct 10, 2018 – Bulb Technologies has passed Huawei’s application certification process to supply applications over the Huawei Envision video platform. Bulb is one of only a few vendors certified for the platform at this level.
News categories: Bulb Technologies, Huawei, Marijo Mihelcic, BBWF, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Broadcom expands 802.11ac MU-MIMO portfolio
Oct 18, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a new 4x4 802.11ac Wave2 solution which enables significantly better range performance in addition to video over Wi-Fi acceleration capability.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Service provider Smart Home opportunity to hit $62 billion by 2020
Oct 17, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, by 2020, consumers will be spending nearly $130 billion annually on smart home offerings, with 47%, or more than $60 billion, being available to service providers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, BBWF, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
ZTE to launch 4K Android STB at Broadband World Forum 2016
Oct 13, 2016 – At Broadband World Forum 2016, ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) will unveil its 4K-capable Android TV set-top-box (ZXV10 B860H) which aims to deliver an exceptional TV viewing experience to home users around the world.
News categories: ZTE, Fang Hui, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV