Digital TV News: Broadpeak
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Austria's Magenta Telekom launches Magenta TV with Broadpeak
Mar 9, 2022 – Magenta Telekom is using a Cloud PVR solution from Broadpeak to deliver its streaming service, Magenta TV. With the solution, Magenta Telekom is able to deliver live, VOD, Cloud PVR, catch-up TV, time-shift TV, and other advanced services.
News categories: Broadpeak, Magenta Telekom, Jacques Le Mancq, Christian Jaros, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
Jan 11, 2022 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that QXC Communications has selected NAGRA's U.S. Streaming Solution to enable the replacement of its legacy video offering with a fully-featured streaming service for the multi-dwelling unit (MDU) market.
News categories: NAGRA, QXC Communications, Nancy Goldberg, John Von Stein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
Jan 11, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that TIM is optimizing live sports OTT delivery with a multicast ABR (mABR) solution from Broadpeak. Using the solution, TIM is delivering live third-party sports content to subscribers with improved QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, CVE, TIM, Jacques Le Mancq, Luca Catalano, Crescenzo Micheli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
Nov 24, 2021 – Iskon Internet has launched an OTT service in Croatia based on the Beenius Android TV Operator Tier solution. Support from the Beenius team allowed Iskon to start with an IPTV solution and evolve with Android TV to an OTT service.
News categories: Beenius, Iskon, Filip Remškar, Krešimir Madunović, Android TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
Nov 19, 2021 – Broadpeak has taken the decision to withdraw its in-person participation at IBC2021 following announcements from the Dutch government imposing a partial lockdown in Amsterdam and from the IBC to move forward with the event.
News categories: Broadpeak, Jacques Le Mancq, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Broadpeak and Enghouse power MCTV video streaming service
Nov 2, 2021 – Broadpeak and Enghouse have joined forces to optimize MCTV's video streaming service, MCTV Stream. MCTV will use Broadpeak's CDN, Cache Servers and Origin Packager alongside Enghouse's EspialTV managed IPTV solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Enghouse, MCTV, Jacques Le Mancq, Mick McCluskey, Katherine Gessner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TIM deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops
Sep 8, 2021 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the deployment of Android TV set-top boxes at TIM, providing Italian households with access to premium services offered by broadcasters and OTT providers.
News categories: Technicolor, Broadpeak, TIM, Mercedes Pastor, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics