Digital TV News: Bruce McClelland
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS and Charter collaborate on WorldBox 2.0 development
Oct 12, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced plans for ARRIS to be a key participant in the development of WorldBox 2.0, Charter's next-generation video platform.
News categories: ARRIS International, Charter Communications, Bruce McClelland, Jim Blackley, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Watchwith acquires machine learning technology from ARRIS
Jun 30, 2016 – Watchwith has acquired ARRIS's Media Analysis Framework (MAF), a cloudbased machine learning and automated metadata generation platform. Several key ARRIS engineers will join Watchwith to open a new R&D office in Chicago.
News categories: Watchwith, ARRIS, Zane Vella, Faisal Ishtiaq, Bruce McClelland, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Espial acquires Whole Home Solution platform from ARRIS
Jun 29, 2016 – Espial has announced an agreement to acquire ARRIS’s Whole Home Solution (WHS) platform. Espial will support current – and look to accelerate future – roadmaps for more than 40 WHS service provider customers spanning the US, Canada, and Latin America.
News categories: Espial, ARRIS, Jaison Dolvane, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Latin America, MnA, USA
Australia's NBN chooses Arris for HFC broadband network
Feb 23, 2015 – NBN Co. has chosen ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to build its next-generation Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) broadband network. The project is intended to provide access to high-speed broadband services for homes and businesses across Australia.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NBN Co, Bruce McClelland, Dennis Steiger, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution
Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) has announced that Service Electric has selected the ARRIS Whole Home Solution with Media Streamer giving Service Electric subscribers the ability to stream live and recorded content throughout the home and on the go.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Service Electric, John M. Walson, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere, USA
Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that South Carolina's Comporium will sell its ARRIS MS4000 under the name 'Moxi Sling'. The box enables subscribers to access live and recorded Comporium content both inside and outside the home.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Comporium, Matthew Dosch, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, TV Everywhere, USA
Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
Jul 23, 2014 – Consolidated Communications has elected to deploy the ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite, enabling subscribers to enjoy up to six HD programs at one time, whole home DVR, and a more personalized content experience.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Consolidated Communications, Tom White, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, USA
ARRIS and NDS Announce Integration of ARRIS Media Gateway and NDS Middleware, DRM and User Interface
May 21, 2012 – The integration of the ARRIS (Nasdaq:ARRS) Media Gateway and Media Player with NDS' MediaHighway middleware, VideoGuard Connect DRM and the NDS Snowflake user interface is being architected in close collaboration with several North American cable operators.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NDS Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, Gateway, Media Player, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5