Digital TV News: Bruce McClelland
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS and Charter collaborate on WorldBox 2.0 development
Oct 12, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced plans for ARRIS to be a key participant in the development of WorldBox 2.0, Charter's next-generation video platform.
News categories: ARRIS International, Charter Communications, Bruce McClelland, Jim Blackley, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Espial acquires Whole Home Solution platform from ARRIS
Jun 29, 2016 – Espial has announced an agreement to acquire ARRIS’s Whole Home Solution (WHS) platform. Espial will support current – and look to accelerate future – roadmaps for more than 40 WHS service provider customers spanning the US, Canada, and Latin America.
News categories: Espial, ARRIS, Jaison Dolvane, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Latin America, MnA, USA
Australia's NBN chooses Arris for HFC broadband network
Feb 23, 2015 – NBN Co. has chosen ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to build its next-generation Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) broadband network. The project is intended to provide access to high-speed broadband services for homes and businesses across Australia.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NBN Co, Bruce McClelland, Dennis Steiger, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution
Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) has announced that Service Electric has selected the ARRIS Whole Home Solution with Media Streamer giving Service Electric subscribers the ability to stream live and recorded content throughout the home and on the go.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Service Electric, John M. Walson, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere, USA
Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that South Carolina's Comporium will sell its ARRIS MS4000 under the name 'Moxi Sling'. The box enables subscribers to access live and recorded Comporium content both inside and outside the home.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Comporium, Matthew Dosch, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, TV Everywhere, USA
Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
Jul 23, 2014 – Consolidated Communications has elected to deploy the ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite, enabling subscribers to enjoy up to six HD programs at one time, whole home DVR, and a more personalized content experience.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Consolidated Communications, Tom White, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, USA
ARRIS and NDS Announce Integration of ARRIS Media Gateway and NDS Middleware, DRM and User Interface
May 21, 2012 – The integration of the ARRIS (Nasdaq:ARRS) Media Gateway and Media Player with NDS' MediaHighway middleware, VideoGuard Connect DRM and the NDS Snowflake user interface is being architected in close collaboration with several North American cable operators.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NDS Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, Gateway, Media Player, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
- Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
- BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
- ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
- GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019