Digital TV News: DTV Service
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung
Jul 29, 2020 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung, allowing Samsung to manufacture products that feature MPEG-H Audio. MPEG-H Audio is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB as well as mobile standard 3GPP.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Samsung, Stefan Geyersberger, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Comcast cable video subscribers down 121,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 25, 2019 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2019. In the quarter, total cable video customer net losses were 121,000. At Sky, customer relationships increased by 112,000.
News categories: Comcast, Sky, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
GatesAir wins Ivory Coast DTT transition contract
Feb 26, 2019 – GatesAir continues its long-standing business relationship with the Republic of Ivory Coast through a turnkey equipment and services contract to support the African country’s national digital TV (DTV) network.
News categories: GatesAir, Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion, Bruce D. Swail, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Comcast video subscribers down 106,000 in 3Q 2018
Oct 25, 2018 – Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. For the period, total high-speed internet customer net additions were 363,000, total video customer net losses were 106,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Comcast video subscribers down 140,000 in 2Q 2018
Jul 26, 2018 – Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2018. For the period, total high-speed Internet customer net additions were 260,000, total video customer net losses were 140,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Techtel installs new DVB-T2 transmitter in Papua New Guinea
Jul 10, 2018 – Techtel has commissioned a transmitter system for digital terrestrial TV in Papua New Guinea for a local service provider, enabling the delivery of more than 30 additional services in Port Moresby via two newly added transport streams.
News categories: Techtel, Egatel, Mal Chandler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Melanesia, Terrestrial
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers