Digital TV News: Datacom
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV
Oct 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced Hathway as its latest Verimatrix VCAS Ultra customer. Hathway selected the cardless solution to secure its new DVB Hybrid Cable Box, which is the first STB of its kind in India to be built on the Android TV O operating system.
News categories: Verimatrix, Hathway, Steve Oetegenn, Vivekanand Tripathi, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Hathway deploys 0.4 million Phase III and IV STBs in 4Q 2016
Feb 9, 2017 – According to its results for the quarter ended December 31, 2016, Hathway Cable & Datacom (BSE:533162 NSE:HATHWAY) deployed 0.4 million set-top boxes in Phase III and IV areas during the period. This brings its total STB deployments to 12.2 million.
News categories: Hathway, Cable TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Technicolor to provide Hathway with Gateway and HD Set-Top Box
Jul 17, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced that it has been awarded two contracts from Hathway, India's leading cable broadband service provider, for MediaAccess gateways and MediaPlay set-top boxes.
News categories: Technicolor, Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, India, Set Top Box
Hathway deploys 1.7 million DAS set-top boxes in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata
Nov 15, 2012 – According to its results for Q2 FY 13, Hathway (BSE:533162; NSE:HATHWAY) has completed the roll out of DAS in the Phase I cities of Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. As of end October 2012 the Company had cumulatively deployed 1.7 million set-top boxes in these cities.
News categories: Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IMAQLIQ and Opera Software bring latest browsing technology to IPTV
Feb 2, 2011 – Opera Software has announced a collaboration with IMAQLIQ to provide the latest technology to consumers using IPTV. IMAQLIQ, a Russian developer of telecommunications equipment, will integrate Opera on its line of devices for interactive TV.
News categories: Opera Software, IMAQLIQ, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Hathway becomes India's first Cable TV MSO to reach one million digital subscribers
Oct 1, 2010 – NDS has announced that it is now powering one million digital TV connections for Hathway, India's leading Multi System Operator (MSO). Hathway, the fastest growing MSO in India, has become the first to reach the digital subscriber milestone.
News categories: Hathway, NDS Group, Cable TV, India, Subscribers
NDS and Hathway Announce New Agreement to Accelerate Digital Cable Deployment in India
May 5, 2010 – NDS has announced that it has signed a new agreement with Hathway which will enable Hathway to rapidly accelerate deployment of digital STBs and significantly boost its digital cable TV subscriber base in India over the next 12 months.
News categories: NDS Group, Hathway, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, India, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community