Digital TV News: Digitimes
OTT STB sales to only grow 20% in China in 2014
Dec 30, 2014 – According to Digitimes Research, the number of OTT set-top boxes (STBs) sold in China will have grown by 20% in 2014, limited by restrictions imposed on OTT STB providers by the regulatory authorities.
News categories: Digitimes, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming
ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
Nov 21, 2014 – According to a Digitimes report, ChungHwa Telecom (CHT) is planning the launch of an OTT version of its Multimedia On Demand (MOD) IPTV service, possibly by the end of this year.
News categories: ChungHwa Telecom, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Taiwan
Ultra HD TV shipment growth to average 160% per annum
Jul 3, 2014 – Global shipments of Ultra HD (4K resolution) TVs will increase from 1.5 million units in 2013 to 68.2 million TVs in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 160%, according to Digitimes Research.
News categories: Digitimes, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Broadcom enables Oi's live Ultra HD World Cup broadcasts in Brazil
Jul 1, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoC) will power live broadcasts of the 2014 World Cup in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) by Oi, one of the leading operators in Brazil.
News categories: Broadcom, Oi S.A, Dan Marotta, Eduardo Aspesi, Brazil, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Topway Collaborates With Broadcom to Launch Network Trials in China Using the DOCSIS®-Based EoC Technology
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that Topway has selected its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to launch their network trials next month in Shenzhen.
News categories: Broadcom, Topway, ZTE, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor
MTK and Realtek cooperate to supply connected TV chips to Skyworth
Sep 24, 2010 – MediaTek (MTK) [Taipei: 2454] and Realtek Semiconductor [Taipei: 2379] will supply IPTV chips to Skyworth [Hong Kong: 0751] in 4Q 2010, according to media reports in Taiwan.
News categories: MediaTek, Realtek, Skyworth, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
DLNA Sees Surge in Certified Blu-ray™ Players
Jul 27, 2010 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that the number of DLNA Certified® Blu-ray™ players has nearly doubled in 2010, bringing the total to 105.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Blu-ray, Market Research, Smart Home
Chunghwa Telecom to buy 200,000 IPTV set-top boxes
Jul 2, 2010 – Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) has announced the results of its tender to purchase 200,000 set-top boxes for its Multimedia-On-Demand (MOD) IPTV service in Taiwan.
News categories: Chunghwa Telecom, HwaCom, DinYen, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Hong Kong Auctions UHF Spectrum for the Provision of Mobile Television Services
Jun 29, 2010 – Hong Kong's Office of the Telecommunications Authority (OFTA) has announced that China Mobile Hong Kong has successfully bid for the radio spectrum in the 678 - 686 MHz band at the spectrum utilization fee (SUF) of HK$175 million.
News categories: Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, Regulation
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools