Digital TV News: Dr. Kanaan Jemili
Altech selects DivX HEVC Ultra HD and DivX Plus HD for STBs
Jan 20, 2015 – DivX and Altech have announced an agreement to license and integrate DivX Plus HD and DivX HEVC technology into Altech's upcoming set-top boxes. The devices will be made available to consumers through retail and operator channels.
News categories: DivX, Altech, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Marco Caputo, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa, Worldwide
Realtek first chip certified for DivX HEVC 4K streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX and Realtek Semiconductor have announced that Realtek's RTD2984DX-GR Ultra HD SoC has achieved DivX HEVC Certification, enabling streaming of highly efficient DivX HEVC video at up to 4K resolutions on new Ultra HD TV sets.
News categories: DivX, Realtek, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Yee-Wei Huang, Asia, CES2021, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Siligence chooses DivX HEVC Ultra HD technology for 4K STBs
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX and Siligence have announced that Siligence has signed a license agreement to implement DivX HEVC technology in its set-top boxes, enabling the playback of video at up to 4K resolution in the living room.
News categories: DivX, Siligence, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Didier Zwierski, CES2021, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
GoLive selects DivX OmniView to power Smart TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX has announced that GoLive Movie has selected its DivX OmniView to power the secure delivery on-demand movie content to smart TVs. The service will be available initially in China on televisions from TCL.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Apps, CES2021, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Konka chooses DivX HEVC for 4K TVs
Oct 15, 2014 – DivX and Konka have announced that the two companies will work together to implement DivX® HEVC Ultra HD (4K) technology across Konka’s line of 4K digital televisions.
News categories: DivX, Konka, China, Digital TV, Media Player, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mei Ah adopts DivX HEVC video streaming for mobile devices
Sep 11, 2014 – DivX has announced that Mei Ah Digital Technology has upgraded its license agreement and will adopt DivX® OmniView to power the delivery of on-demand DivX HEVC video streaming to mobile devices.
News categories: DivX, Mei Ah, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Steve Law, Asia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
TCL to adopt DivX HEVC technology for new 4K televisions
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and TCL have announced that TCL Multimedia will adopt the DivX HEVC technology for its global line of digital televisions, enabling the playback of high-quality, highly efficient Ultra HD (4K) video in the living room.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, E Hao, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Smart TV, Worldwide
DivX announces world’s first DivX HEVC Ultra HD-certified TVs from Toshiba
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX has announced the renewal of its licensing agreement with Toshiba. Under the agreement, Toshiba has released the world’s first DivX HEVC Ultra HD televisions - the new Toshiba 58L8400 and Cinema Series 65L9400 models for North America.
News categories: DivX, Toshiba, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Smart TV, USA
MStar offers world’s first DivX HEVC Ultra HD-certified digital TV chip
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and MStar Semiconductor have announced that MStar HEVC TV SoC will be the first digital television chip to receive DivX HEVC Certification, enabling the playback of highly efficient DivX HEVC Ultra HD (4K) video.
News categories: DivX, MStar Semi, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Bill Hsiung, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5