Digital TV News: Dr. Shay David
Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
Aug 22, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV Platform is powering a newly-launched TV service for Beeline Kazakhstan. Beeline is using the Kaltura TV Platform to replace its legacy pay-TV service and to reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Beeline, Dr. Shay David, Sergey Leshchenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Set Top Box, UX
Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
Mar 20, 2019 – Kaltura and 3SS have announced the launch of a solution whose goal is to empower operators to rapidly launch attractive, targeted and personalized Cloud TV services. The joint solution brings together Kaltura’s Cloud TV Platform with 3SS’ 3READY front end.
News categories: Kaltura, 3SS, Dr. Shay David, Kai-Christian Borchers, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Kaltura powers Cloud TV service, VOOT by Viacom18
Sep 17, 2018 – Kaltura has announced that Viacom18’s VOOT Cloud TV service is using Kaltura to support explosive growth, with more than 37 million active users across mobile, web and smart TVs accessing over 50,000 hours of content and 100 million app downloads.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Dr. Shay David, Mohit Srivastava, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Kaltura TV Platform enables packaging up of content for additional OTT providers
Sep 5, 2018 – Kaltura has unveiled its Kaltura Content as a Service solution which uses the Kaltura TV Platform as a hub for content management and distribution. Media companies can now select to distribute 'packaged' video and metadata to other OTT services to increase their content’s reach.
News categories: Kaltura, KOCOWA, Dr. Shay David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
Kaltura Targeted TV segments audiences to enable tailored TV experiences
Aug 28, 2018 – Kaltura has announced the availability of Kaltura Targeted TV. Kaltura Targeted TV uses AI to segment TV audiences and offer users tailored experiences that will increase content usage and overall user satisfaction while reducing churn and ultimately raising ARPU.
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, UX, Worldwide
Kaltura Partners with Massive to launch targeted TV solution
Apr 9, 2018 – Massive and Kaltura have announced a partnership that will help video service providers to quickly and seamlessly deliver tailored video experiences based on the attributes, interests, and habits of each individual viewer.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Kaltura, Max Ramsay, Dr. Shay David, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
NPAW business intelligence available through Kaltura’s TV Platform
May 24, 2017 – NPAW has partnered with Kaltura to provide shared clients with the possibility to add NPAW’s BI solution, YOUBORA Infinity, that measures performance among segmented populations of users, to Kaltura’s TV Platform.
News categories: NPAW, Kaltura, Sergi Vergés, Dr. Shay David, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021