Digital TV News: Ed Mas
Amlogic supports Foxxum OS 4 for Smart TVs
Aug 23, 2022 – Foxxum has announced that Amlogic is the first SoC provider powering Foxxum OS 4, the latest version of its CTV OS. The integration with Amlogic's T962 SoC family will drive the standardization of Linux-based CTVs.
News categories: Foxxum, Amlogic, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
ITV to introduce ITVX streaming service later this year
Mar 3, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch of ITVX - the UK’s first integrated AVOD/SVOD platform. In a change to its traditional approach, ITV will adopt a digital first windowing strategy - premiering content on ITVX and then later on ITV linear channels.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Kevin Lygo, Rufus Radcliffe, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
ITV Studios to launch FAST channels on Samsung TV Plus
Feb 14, 2022 – ITV Studios is partnering with Samsung TV Plus to launch two FAST channels in Europe. The channels - Storylands and Hell's Kitchen - will initially kick off in the UK, before being rolled out to European markets including Germany and Italy.
News categories: ITV Studios, Samsung, Ruth Berry, Richard Jakeman, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
Jan 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released Whale OS Turnkey 2.0. Built on ZEASN’s Whale OS, the turnkey Smart TV solution offers a customized UI, the most requested advanced smart TV features, and brings the native app experience to TV viewers.
News categories: ZEASN, Novatek, Raymond Chung, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
Feb 26, 2021 – Pay-TV revenue in Asia-Pacific will drop from $61.6bn in 2020 to $60.8bn in 2025 due to a slowdown in pay-TV household penetration, a continued decline in Cable TV subscriptions and falls in ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VOXX Automotive and Amazon to bring Fire TV to the Automotive market
Jan 6, 2020 – VOXX Automotive (NASDAQ: VOXX) has announced that in collaboration with Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), it will be developing solutions that will bring Amazon's Fire TV to the automotive market.
News categories: VOXX Automotive, Amazon, Ed Mas, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
MediaTek launches S900 smart TV SoC
Jul 8, 2019 – MediaTek has launched its S900, the company’s latest smart TV SoC supporting 8K resolution and high-speed edge AI computation. The S900 combines a high performance CPU, GPU and a dedicated AI processor unit (APU) to support features including AI voice-user interface and picture quality enhancement.
News categories: MediaTek, Mike Chang, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming