Digital TV News: Ed Mas
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
Feb 26, 2021 – Pay-TV revenue in Asia-Pacific will drop from $61.6bn in 2020 to $60.8bn in 2025 due to a slowdown in pay-TV household penetration, a continued decline in Cable TV subscriptions and falls in ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VOXX Automotive and Amazon to bring Fire TV to the Automotive market
Jan 6, 2020 – VOXX Automotive (NASDAQ: VOXX) has announced that in collaboration with Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), it will be developing solutions that will bring Amazon's Fire TV to the automotive market.
News categories: VOXX Automotive, Amazon, Ed Mas, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
MediaTek launches S900 smart TV SoC
Jul 8, 2019 – MediaTek has launched its S900, the company’s latest smart TV SoC supporting 8K resolution and high-speed edge AI computation. The S900 combines a high performance CPU, GPU and a dedicated AI processor unit (APU) to support features including AI voice-user interface and picture quality enhancement.
News categories: MediaTek, Mike Chang, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
FreeWheel launches DRIVE data-driven TV advertising in the UK
Mar 26, 2019 – FreeWheel has launched DRIVE for the UK market: a suite of advertising solutions for the TV ecosystem that gives marketers real-time reach across premium audiences — covering the full scope of OTT, STB VOD, connected TV and digital video.
News categories: FreeWheel, Massimo de Magistris, Advertising, Big Data, Streaming, UK
28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
Dec 12, 2018 – Parks Associates research finds 28% of U.S. broadband households with a smart speaker with voice assistant use the device to control a smart home device, compared to only 12% that use the device to control an entertainment device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Altibox signs SaaS-based master agreement with Xstream
Dec 5, 2018 – Xstream has announced that its service agreement with Norway's Altibox has been upgraded to a multi-year software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model. Altibox has used Xstream’s services since 2010.
News categories: Xstream, Altibox, Michael Rasmussen, Jarle Johnson, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, TV Everywhere
DR to use content delivery and UX platform from Massive
Oct 26, 2018 – DR, Denmark’s national public service broadcaster, has selected Massive Interactive to overhaul its OTT streaming service. The OTT service, called DRTV, has been redesigned from the ground up to refresh its core offering for consumers across the country.
News categories: Massive Interactive, DR, Ron Downey, Kristian Waneck, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service