Digital TV News: Ed Mas
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek launches S900 smart TV SoC
Jul 8, 2019 – MediaTek has launched its S900, the company’s latest smart TV SoC supporting 8K resolution and high-speed edge AI computation. The S900 combines a high performance CPU, GPU and a dedicated AI processor unit (APU) to support features including AI voice-user interface and picture quality enhancement.
News categories: MediaTek, Mike Chang, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
FreeWheel launches DRIVE data-driven TV advertising in the UK
Mar 26, 2019 – FreeWheel has launched DRIVE for the UK market: a suite of advertising solutions for the TV ecosystem that gives marketers real-time reach across premium audiences — covering the full scope of OTT, STB VOD, connected TV and digital video.
News categories: FreeWheel, Massimo de Magistris, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, UK
28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
Dec 12, 2018 – Parks Associates research finds 28% of U.S. broadband households with a smart speaker with voice assistant use the device to control a smart home device, compared to only 12% that use the device to control an entertainment device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Altibox signs SaaS-based master agreement with Xstream
Dec 5, 2018 – Xstream has announced that its service agreement with Norway's Altibox has been upgraded to a multi-year software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model. Altibox has used Xstream’s services since 2010.
News categories: Xstream, Altibox, Michael Rasmussen, Jarle Johnson, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, TV Everywhere
DR to use content delivery and UX platform from Massive
Oct 26, 2018 – DR, Denmark’s national public service broadcaster, has selected Massive Interactive to overhaul its OTT streaming service. The OTT service, called DRTV, has been redesigned from the ground up to refresh its core offering for consumers across the country.
News categories: Massive Interactive, DR, Ron Downey, Kristian Waneck, Denmark, Digital TV, OTT, UX
DOTSCREEN UI integrated with AirTies' 4K/UHD STBs
Sep 6, 2018 – AirTies has announced a strategic partnership with DOTSCREEN, a multi-screen app developer and specialist UI agency, under which DOTSCREEN's user interface (UI) will be integrated into AirTies' 4K/UHD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: AirTies, DOTSCREEN, Metin Taskin, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Large TFT LCD shipments hit record monthly high in July 2018
Aug 29, 2018 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), TFT LCD panel shipments hit a record monthly high in July 2018 in terms of unit and area shipment. Unit shipments increased by 10% in July compared to a year ago to reach 64.3 million units.
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth deploys SERAPHIC-based HbbTV STBs in Croatia
Mar 30, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that Skyworth Digital has chosen to join hands with SERAPHIC again to deploy SERAPHIC’s HbbTV browser on set-top boxes shipped in Croatia. SERAPHIC provides a Blink-based HbbTV solution for smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Ye Wang, Celine Guo, Croatia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5