Digital TV News: Ed Mas
Amlogic supports Foxxum OS 4 for Smart TVs
Aug 23, 2022 – Foxxum has announced that Amlogic is the first SoC provider powering Foxxum OS 4, the latest version of its CTV OS. The integration with Amlogic's T962 SoC family will drive the standardization of Linux-based CTVs.
News categories: Foxxum, Amlogic, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
ITV to introduce ITVX streaming service later this year
Mar 3, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch of ITVX - the UK’s first integrated AVOD/SVOD platform. In a change to its traditional approach, ITV will adopt a digital first windowing strategy - premiering content on ITVX and then later on ITV linear channels.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Kevin Lygo, Rufus Radcliffe, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
ITV Studios to launch FAST channels on Samsung TV Plus
Feb 14, 2022 – ITV Studios is partnering with Samsung TV Plus to launch two FAST channels in Europe. The channels - Storylands and Hell's Kitchen - will initially kick off in the UK, before being rolled out to European markets including Germany and Italy.
News categories: ITV Studios, Samsung, Ruth Berry, Richard Jakeman, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
Jan 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released Whale OS Turnkey 2.0. Built on ZEASN’s Whale OS, the turnkey Smart TV solution offers a customized UI, the most requested advanced smart TV features, and brings the native app experience to TV viewers.
News categories: ZEASN, Novatek, Raymond Chung, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
Feb 26, 2021 – Pay-TV revenue in Asia-Pacific will drop from $61.6bn in 2020 to $60.8bn in 2025 due to a slowdown in pay-TV household penetration, a continued decline in Cable TV subscriptions and falls in ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VOXX Automotive and Amazon to bring Fire TV to the Automotive market
Jan 6, 2020 – VOXX Automotive (NASDAQ: VOXX) has announced that in collaboration with Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), it will be developing solutions that will bring Amazon's Fire TV to the automotive market.
News categories: VOXX Automotive, Amazon, Ed Mas, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
MediaTek launches S900 smart TV SoC
Jul 8, 2019 – MediaTek has launched its S900, the company’s latest smart TV SoC supporting 8K resolution and high-speed edge AI computation. The S900 combines a high performance CPU, GPU and a dedicated AI processor unit (APU) to support features including AI voice-user interface and picture quality enhancement.
News categories: MediaTek, Mike Chang, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update