Digital TV News: Entropic
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Entropic MoCA 1.1 designed into Coship Gateways and Adapters for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its MoCA 1.1 solution has been selected by Coship to serve the China home networking market. The solution has been designed into Coship's G1200 gateway and MC1000W MoCA to Wi-Fi extender.
News categories: Entropic, Coship, Al Servati, Zero Wang, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home
MaxLinear to acquire Entropic
Feb 3, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement for MaxLinear to acquire Entropic. Entropic shareholders will receive $1.20 per share in cash and 0.2200 shares of MaxLinear common stock for each Entropic common share outstanding.
News categories: MaxLinear, Entropic, Dr. Kishore Seendripu, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entropic discontinues set-top box SoC product development
Nov 10, 2014 – In Entropic's (Nasdaq:ENTR) quarterly results, the company announced a refocused strategy and restructuring plan. Entropic will continue to pursue design wins with existing STB SoCs, but will discontinue all new set-top box SoC product development.
News categories: Entropic, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Patrick Henry, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic to explore strategic alternatives
Sep 16, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the evaluation of strategic alternatives to enhance shareholder value. The Company has engaged investment bank Barclays in connection with its efforts.
News categories: Entropic, Barclays, Patrick Henry, David Lyle, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telefónica chooses Eagle Kingdom for PlayBOX OTT STB
Sep 15, 2014 – Eagle Kingdom Technologies (EKT) has won the bidding from Telefónica Spain to supply the new PlayBOX OTT Set Top Box (STB). Based on the advanced IPTV/OTT STB solution from EKT, Telefónica will deploy its OTT experience worldwide.
News categories: Eagle Kingdom, Telefónica, Richard Smith, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, Streaming
LG CNS chooses Entropic SoC for India set-top box
Sep 13, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has chosen Entropic's EN7190 high-definition (HD) IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip for LG CNS' IP Hybrid STB, the LCP3x0, targeting the transition from standard definition to HD TV viewing in India.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Roger Gregory, Sanghun Lee, Digital TV, IBC, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MARUSYS, Entropic show Kodi-based HD PVR and media player
Sep 12, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that MARUSYS has unveiled an HD PVR and media player based on the Kodi Entertainment Center (formerly known as Xbox Media Center or XBMC) open source platform, and using Entropic's EN7588 SoC.
News categories: Entropic, MARUSYS, Kodi Entertainment Center, Al Servati, Dr. Juha Park, Asia, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, IBC, Media Player, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase and Entropic launch DTAs to speed analog cable switchoff in Europe
Sep 12, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced a portfolio of Digital Transport Adapters (DTAs), powered by Entropic's EN7100-series of set-top box SoCs. The DTAs allow cable subscribers to keep watching their analog TV sets even when connected to an all-digital cable network.
News categories: Entropic, Novabase, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service