Digital TV News: Eros Now
Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
Oct 19, 2021 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel IQ Video, a Video Platform as a Service offering. Airtel IQ Video allows businesses to build video streaming products with minimal investment in infrastructure and technology.
News categories: Airtel, CG Group, Eros Now, Adarsh Nair, Niravana Chaudhary, Ali Hussein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Nepal, Streaming
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
Jul 29, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its Think360 cloud-based personalized content discovery and viewer engagement platform is now live on Tata Sky's Binge Fire TV Stick service and Binge mobile app.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Tata Sky, Peter Docherty, Pallavi Puri, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
Dec 3, 2020 – itel has selected the NetRange VISNOS Smart TV app portal for its new Smart TV range. NetRange VISNOS moves app functionality to the cloud enabling an advanced Smart TV experience on low end/low CPU-powered TVs.
News categories: NetRange, itel, Tim Schröder, Frank Gao, Africa, Apps, India, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Vietnam
Cloud TV OS launched for Smart TVs in India
Sep 9, 2020 – Indian start-up Cloud TV has introduced an OS solution for Smart TVs. Designed to facilitate control over UI/UX development, Cloud TV OS offers customization possibilities for Android-based televisions.
News categories: Cloud TV OS, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, UX
Accedo powers UI on Tata Sky Binge+ set-top box
Sep 8, 2020 – Accedo has worked with Tata Sky to develop the user interface for the Tata Sky Binge+ smart set-top box. The Android TV device delivers content from linear TV and a host of OTT apps to the television screen.
News categories: Accedo, Tata Sky, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Tata Sky adds ZEE5 to its Binge+ Android STB offer
Jul 9, 2020 – Tata Sky has extended its partnership with ZEE5 to include its Android-enabled smart set-top box which delivers content from live linear television and a host of OTT apps onto the TV.
News categories: Tata Sky, ZEE5, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
Jun 30, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a partnership with Dish TV. As part of the association, Dish TV & D2H users can access Eros Now's massive content library through their Android STBs – Dish SMRT Hub and D2H Stream.
News categories: Eros Now, Dish TV India, Ali Hussein, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope