Digital TV News: Evertz
Evertz to show streaming and playout SaaS solution at NAB 2022
Apr 6, 2022 – At NAB 2022, Evertz will highlight solutions that help live sports, live entertainment and linear channel customers monetize content across a wide range of OTT, DTC, CTV and traditional broadcast/streaming applications.
News categories: Evertz, Martin Whittaker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Antix Digital acquires streaming and compression portfolio from Imagine Communications
Feb 1, 2021 – Antix Digital has acquired Imagine Communications' live streaming and compression portfolio. The new company will develop the products further while taking over service and support for existing customers.
News categories: Antix Digital, Imagine Communications, Tony Huang, Steve Reynolds, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Evertz integrates Nielsen watermarking with its file based products
Jun 7, 2019 – Evertz has announced the integration and certification of Nielsen watermarking technology within its portfolio of file based products, including its media asset management, content supply chain, playout automation and linear playout solutions.
News categories: Evertz, Nielsen, Dan Turow, Canada, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, Worldwide
OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
May 20, 2019 – With streaming rapidly becoming a high-priority investment area for media firms, the $62.0 million OTT monitoring and compliance (M&C) market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 15.8% to reach $149.7 million by 2024, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Robert Cavin, Digital TV, Market Research, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Evertz launches Cloud-based SaaS platform for broadcast media
Apr 3, 2019 – Evertz Microsystems has announced its entry into the cloud based SaaS market with the launch of EVERTZ.iO. At NAB, Evertz will show EVERTZ.iO services for browse generation, technical metadata generation, content moderation, audio transcription, scene detection and text detection applications.
News categories: Evertz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Singapore gears up for the Future of Media
Jun 15, 2010 – Singapore is gearing up to exploit the opportunities in a rapidly-transforming media landscape with initiatives that include the start of a 3D TV trial across multiple platforms and the award of funding to innovative industry projects.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Cable TV, IPTV, Metaverse, Singapore, Streaming, Terrestrial
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023