Digital TV News: FreeTV
FreeTV launched, powered by Redge Media
Sep 14, 2023 – FreeTV is now available in Israel with more than 50 live channels and tens of thousands of VOD assets. FreeTV operates as an end-to-end deployment on the Redge Media platform.
News categories: Redge Media, FreeTV, Andrzej Nowak, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Redge partners with Media-Press for TV and streaming metadata
Sep 5, 2023 – Redge Technologies has partnered with Media-Press.TV to create a discovery experience based on Media-Press's metadata, making it easier to find content, either on-demand or via live streaming.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Media-Press, Przemysław Frasunek, Bartosz Lewandowicz, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Redge Technologies teams up with NPAW for advanced analytics
Aug 30, 2023 – Redge Technologies has partnered with NPAW to provide analytics for its streaming platform, enabling monitoring and optimization of performance and the quality of the user experience.
News categories: Redge Technologies, NPAW, Marek Szymczak, Till Sudworth, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, UX
Redge Media to power Free TV streaming platform in Israel
Sep 6, 2022 – Free TV plans to launch streaming TV and fiber-based services in Isreal by the end of 2022 and has selected Redge Media to provide a complete ecosystem of front end, back end and video processing.
News categories: Redge Media, Andrzej Nowak, Rami David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Timetable released for digital switchover in Nigeria
Mar 11, 2021 – Phase 2 of digital switchover in Nigeria will commence with switch on in Lagos, Kano and Rivers states. The first analogue switch off is slated to take place on 28th May, 2021 in Abuja.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Prof. Armstrong Idachaba, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2023, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Nigeria to switch-on DTT in Kwara and Kaduna states
Dec 18, 2017 – The National Broadcasting Commission of Nigeria will on Wednesday December 20, 2017 and Friday December 22, 2017 switch Kwara and Kaduna States from Analogue transmission to Digital Terrestrial Television transmission.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Is’haq Modibbo Kawu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Terrestrial
SES moves over 25 million households in Nigeria to digital
May 11, 2016 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has signed an agreement with Cable Channels Nigeria (CCNL) to provide a video platform, via SES’s prime orbital position at 28.2°E, for the provision of DTT and DTH broadcasting in Nigeria.
News categories: SES S.A, CWG, Ibrahima Guimba-Saidou, James Agada, Mohammed Bawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029