Digital TV News: Full Release
Tru Optik releases measurement and validation service for targeted OTT advertising
Jun 18, 2018 – Tru Optik has announced the release of its Cross-Screen Audience Validation (CAV) service which provides de-duplicated household-level reach and frequency, device authentication, and advanced audience validation for OTT and CTV campaigns.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, David Wiesenfeld, Kevin Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
HD Forum releases TNT2.0 specifications and conformance tests
Jul 25, 2012 – The HD Forum has announced the release of TNT 2.0 specifications, developed in in partnership with the HbbTV consortium, for use in the French market and coming into effect at the end of July 2012.
News categories: HD FORUM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
UK - BBC HD comes to BBC iPlayer
Apr 20, 2009 – The BBC HD channel is now available via BBC iPlayer, enabling users to stream HD programmes for seven days after first broadcast, or download and watch them within 30 days.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, UK
Start date for Scotland's TV switchover
Oct 29, 2007 – Scotland will begin the switch to digital television on November 6 next year, it was announced by Digital UK, the body leading the process.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, TV Services, UK
Audience for Mobile Video Expanding Rapidly in the United States
Oct 23, 2007 – M:Metrics has released its latest figures on the mobile video market in the United States. At eight million in August, the total audience for those who viewed mobile video, either from the carrier deck or video content sent by a friend or family member, grew by 34 percent from January of this year.
News categories: M:Metrics, Full Release, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA
Comstar-United Telesystems OJSC Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Six Months of 2007
Sep 5, 2007 – Comstar-Direct is the largest broadband service provider in Moscow, and has 426,400 residential subscribers, including 99,100 double-play (broadband Internet + IPTV) customers.
News categories: Comstar, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Insight Announces Second Quarter 2007 Results
Aug 16, 2007 – Insight Communications (Nasdaq: ICCI) has announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2007. Insight added a net 7,700 digital customers during the quarter to end at 661,500 customers.
News categories: Insight Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Jupiter Telecommunications Announces July 2007 Subscriber Figures
Aug 15, 2007 – Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM; JASDAQ: 4817) has announced that the total subscribing households as of July 31, 2007 served by J:COM's 23 managed franchises reached approximately 2.71 million, up 477,200, or 21.4% since July 31, 2006.
News categories: Jupiter Telecommunications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Subscribers
The DIRECTV Group Announces Second Quarter 2007 Results
Aug 9, 2007 – DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV) U.S. net subscribers increased to 128,000 in the quarter bringing the total number of DIRECTV U.S. subscribers as of June 30, 2007 to 16.32 million, an increase of 5% over the 15.51 million subscribers reported on June 30, 2006. DIRECTV Latin America net subscriber additions increased 83% to 141,000. The total number of DIRECTV subscribers in Latin America as of June 30, 2007 increased to 2.94 million compared to 1.73 million as of June 30, 2006.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution