Digital TV News: Full Release
Xperi signs second top-10 Smart TV OEM for TiVo OS
May 9, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. In the quarter Xperi signed an agreement with a second top-10 Smart TV OEM to integrate the TiVo Operating System (TiVo OS) into their TV lineup.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Tru Optik releases measurement and validation service for targeted OTT advertising
Jun 18, 2018 – Tru Optik has announced the release of its Cross-Screen Audience Validation (CAV) service which provides de-duplicated household-level reach and frequency, device authentication, and advanced audience validation for OTT and CTV campaigns.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, David Wiesenfeld, Kevin Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
HD Forum releases TNT2.0 specifications and conformance tests
Jul 25, 2012 – The HD Forum has announced the release of TNT 2.0 specifications, developed in in partnership with the HbbTV consortium, for use in the French market and coming into effect at the end of July 2012.
News categories: HD FORUM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
UK - BBC HD comes to BBC iPlayer
Apr 20, 2009 – The BBC HD channel is now available via BBC iPlayer, enabling users to stream HD programmes for seven days after first broadcast, or download and watch them within 30 days.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, UK
Start date for Scotland's TV switchover
Oct 29, 2007 – Scotland will begin the switch to digital television on November 6 next year, it was announced by Digital UK, the body leading the process.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, TV Services, UK
Audience for Mobile Video Expanding Rapidly in the United States
Oct 23, 2007 – M:Metrics has released its latest figures on the mobile video market in the United States. At eight million in August, the total audience for those who viewed mobile video, either from the carrier deck or video content sent by a friend or family member, grew by 34 percent from January of this year.
News categories: M:Metrics, Full Release, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA
Comstar-United Telesystems OJSC Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Six Months of 2007
Sep 5, 2007 – Comstar-Direct is the largest broadband service provider in Moscow, and has 426,400 residential subscribers, including 99,100 double-play (broadband Internet + IPTV) customers.
News categories: Comstar, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Insight Announces Second Quarter 2007 Results
Aug 16, 2007 – Insight Communications (Nasdaq: ICCI) has announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2007. Insight added a net 7,700 digital customers during the quarter to end at 661,500 customers.
News categories: Insight Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Jupiter Telecommunications Announces July 2007 Subscriber Figures
Aug 15, 2007 – Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM; JASDAQ: 4817) has announced that the total subscribing households as of July 31, 2007 served by J:COM's 23 managed franchises reached approximately 2.71 million, up 477,200, or 21.4% since July 31, 2006.
News categories: Jupiter Telecommunications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Subscribers
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
- DAZN expands anti-piracy capabilities with Irdeto forensic watermarking
- iWedia, Synaptics and OBLO measure user engagement with content and ads