Digital TV News: HONOR
Netflix taps Nielsen for global audience insights
Jan 18, 2023 – Nielsen has announced an expansion of its relationship with Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX), which includes a multi-year agreement to provide linear and streaming audience data across the U.S., Mexico and Poland.
News categories: Nielsen, Netflix, Kim Gilberti, Pablo Perez De Rosso, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mexico, Poland, Streaming, USA
Enensys and Electrolink provide transmitters to Rai Way for DVB-T2 refarming
Jan 18, 2023 – ENENSYS and ELECTROLINK have delivered to Rai Way all the DVB-T/T2 transmitter systems, operating in the regions of Abruzzo, Lazio and Liguria, related to the refarming project in Italy.
News categories: Enensys, Electrolink, Rai Way, Christophe Trolet, Danilo Capponi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy
Hellas Sat supports Orange Romania DTH consolidation
Jan 16, 2023 – Hellas Sat and Orange Romania have signed an agreement to support the completion of the DTH merger of the Orange Romania and Orange Romania Communications (formerly Telekom Romania Communications) TV package and offers.
News categories: Hellas Sat, Orange Romania, Christodoulos Protopapas, Digital TV, Romania, Satellite
rlaxx TV partners with Wurl for FAST channels
Jan 3, 2023 – rlaxx TV has announced a cooperation with Wurl to bring new content partners and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) to rlaxx TV. Wurl's content enables streamers to expand their channel lineups and increase revenue.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Wurl, Ronny Lutzi, Sean Doherty, Jr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
LG unveils 2023 Smart TV lineup at CES
Jan 3, 2023 – LG is introducing a refreshed, more personalized user experience in 2023. New 'Quick Cards' offer users easy access to the content and services. LG's more advanced webOS makes it easy with personalized recommendations.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, UX
Source Digital introduces metaverse experience for LG Smart TVs
Dec 27, 2022 – Source Digital and Sansar have announce a metaverse experience for webOS-based smart TVs, delivering the immersive power of the Sansar metaverse and offering access to the 'dual world' of 2D/3D events.
News categories: Source Digital, Sansar, Hank Frecon, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV, Worldwide
Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
Nov 22, 2022 – Garmin was lauded for its contribution to the Theatre Screen, a back-seat movie lounge experience for the BMW 7 Series. Garmin's computing module manages all the software and customer interfaces to enable the experience.
News categories: Garmin, BMW, Matt Munn, Joachim Post, Digital TV, In-Car, UX
MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
Nov 22, 2022 – Witbe (Euronext: FR0013143872 – ALWIT) has announced it will support MyTV Super's media operation center in its effort to deliver the best possible streaming video quality for its myTV SUPER platform to customers in Hong Kong.
News categories: Witbe, MyTV Super, Mathieu Planche, Rex Ching, Digital TV, Hong Kong, QoE, Streaming
ZTE integrates iWedia's Live TV app for Android TV
Nov 10, 2022 – ZTE and iWedia are collaborating to launch iWedia's Live TV application on ZTE's retail hybrid devices. As the most used application on Android TV devices, Live TV app represents the basis for delivering a premium user experience.
News categories: iWedia, ZTE, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Wuxin, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media