Digital TV News: IBC
Yospace wins ITV Hub ad insertion contract extension
Feb 11, 2021 – ITV has extended its relationship with Yospace for targeted advertising on live channels in ITV Hub. The extension runs until 2022 and will mark over a decade of collaboration on server-side ad insertion (SSAI).
News categories: Yospace, ITV, Tim Sewell, Vinay Gupta, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Yospace extends ad insertion deal with ITV
Jan 6, 2021 – ITV has extended its relationship with Yospace for targeted advertising on live channels in ITV Hub. The extension runs until 2022 and will mark over a decade of collaboration and innovation in SSAI.
News categories: Yospace, ITV, Vinay Gupta, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
ZTE combines soundbar and set-top box
Sep 14, 2020 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched a far-field 4K AI Soundbar STB at the IBC Showcase. By integrating smart soundbar and set-top box (STB), ZTE provides operators with a multi-function platform and a must-have device for consumers.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics partner on OTT personalization
Sep 8, 2020 – Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics are partnering to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to deploy cloud-native personalization capabilities that drive long-term subscriber value.
News categories: Firstlight Media, ThinkAnalytics, Andre Christensen, Juan Martin, Gabriel Berger, Big Data, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
Jul 10, 2020 – IBC has unveiled plans for IBC Showcase, a virtual event set to take place in September. The event will feature three components: an Exhibitor Showcase, a Sponsored Programme and coverage of product launches.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Netherlands, Worldwide
RAI ready to re-open with social distancing
May 12, 2020 – RAI Amsterdam is hoping to re-open its doors in the short term while closely following all guidelines regarding social distancing. The RAI wishes to organise trial events to test the various ways that visitors and exhibitors can be safely brought together.
News categories: RAI, Paul Riemens, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Netherlands
Panasonic withdraws from IBC 2020
May 11, 2020 – Panasonic has withdrawn from IBC 2020. Instead, the organisation is focusing on supporting its partners and customers through its online initiatives, with the launch of its own Technology Experience Zone to help share expertise and information for the industry.
News categories: Panasonic, André Meterian, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Netherlands, Worldwide
Arvato Systems and Vidispine withdraw from IBC 2020
Apr 30, 2020 – Arvato Systems and Vidispine have announced that in order to ensure the health and safety of colleagues they are withdrawing from this year’s IBC,due to take place at the Amsterdam RAI, 11-15 September, 2020.
News categories: Arvato, Vidispine, Ralf Schürmann, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Netherlands, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering