Digital TV News: Jay Marine
Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
Jan 13, 2021 – Amazon has introduced Prime Video Mobile Edition - a mobile-only plan at an amazing introductory price of ₹89 ($1.2). Prime Video is collaborating with Bharti Airtel for the first roll-out.
News categories: Airtel, Amazon, Shashwat Sharma, Sameer Batra, Jay Marine, Gaurav Gandhi, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT
Amazon Prime Video to launch on Sky; NOW TV on Fire TV
Dec 14, 2020 – Sky and Amazon have announced a partnership that sees Prime Video launch on Sky and NOW TV devices across Europe, while the NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps will also come to Fire TV devices.
News categories: Sky, Amazon, Stephen van Rooyen, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
SFR STBs first in France to integrate Amazon Prime Video
Aug 27, 2019 – Altice Europe is to make Amazon Prime Video available to its SFR customers in France. SFR will be the first of Altice operations and the first operator in France to announce the Prime Video app within its LaBox SFR Fibre, SFR Box Plus and SFR Box 8 set-top boxes.
News categories: Altice, Prime Video, Alain Weill, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, OTT, Portugal, Set Top Box
TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon Prime
Apr 24, 2019 – TalkTalk TV has announced that customers can now stream Prime Video via the TalkTalk TV set top box. TalkTalk TV’s launch with Amazon is the latest step in its commitment to providing customers with a seamless viewing experience.
News categories: TalkTalk, Prime Video, Will Ennett, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Liberty Global announces Prime Video partnership with Amazon
Apr 23, 2019 – Liberty Global has announced a deal to make the Amazon Prime Video content and viewing experience available to Virgin Media TV customers in the UK. Virgin Media will be the first of Liberty Global's European operations to integrate the app.
News categories: Liberty Global, Prime Video, Virgin Media, Enrique Rodriguez, Jay Marine, Lutz Schüler, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Amazon Video now available on UK Roku boxes
Nov 10, 2015 – Roku has announced the launch of Amazon Video on the Roku streaming platform in the UK. Amazon Video offers access to more than 50,000 movies and TV episodes, while Amazon Prime members can stream a library of more than 15,000 movies and TV episodes.
News categories: Roku, Amazon, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering