Digital TV News: Jay Marine
Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
Jan 19, 2023 – Amazon and DAZN have agreed a distribution partnership that will see DAZN's sports streaming service available as a Prime Video Channel, initially launching in Spain and Germany, with Japan next and more markets to follow.
News categories: DAZN, Prime Video, Shay Segev, Jay Marine, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Spain, Streaming
Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
Jan 13, 2021 – Amazon has introduced Prime Video Mobile Edition - a mobile-only plan at an amazing introductory price of ₹89 ($1.2). Prime Video is collaborating with Bharti Airtel for the first roll-out.
News categories: Airtel, Amazon, Shashwat Sharma, Sameer Batra, Jay Marine, Gaurav Gandhi, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming
Amazon Prime Video to launch on Sky; NOW TV on Fire TV
Dec 14, 2020 – Sky and Amazon have announced a partnership that sees Prime Video launch on Sky and NOW TV devices across Europe, while the NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps will also come to Fire TV devices.
News categories: Sky, Amazon, Stephen van Rooyen, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
SFR STBs first in France to integrate Amazon Prime Video
Aug 27, 2019 – Altice Europe is to make Amazon Prime Video available to its SFR customers in France. SFR will be the first of Altice operations and the first operator in France to announce the Prime Video app within its LaBox SFR Fibre, SFR Box Plus and SFR Box 8 set-top boxes.
News categories: Altice, Prime Video, Alain Weill, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon Prime
Apr 24, 2019 – TalkTalk TV has announced that customers can now stream Prime Video via the TalkTalk TV set top box. TalkTalk TV’s launch with Amazon is the latest step in its commitment to providing customers with a seamless viewing experience.
News categories: TalkTalk, Prime Video, Will Ennett, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Liberty Global announces Prime Video partnership with Amazon
Apr 23, 2019 – Liberty Global has announced a deal to make the Amazon Prime Video content and viewing experience available to Virgin Media TV customers in the UK. Virgin Media will be the first of Liberty Global's European operations to integrate the app.
News categories: Liberty Global, Prime Video, Virgin Media, Enrique Rodriguez, Jay Marine, Lutz Schüler, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Amazon Video now available on UK Roku boxes
Nov 10, 2015 – Roku has announced the launch of Amazon Video on the Roku streaming platform in the UK. Amazon Video offers access to more than 50,000 movies and TV episodes, while Amazon Prime members can stream a library of more than 15,000 movies and TV episodes.
News categories: Roku, Amazon, Apps, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December