Digital TV News: Jeff Kim
Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
Jul 28, 2020 – Humax has unveiled its Humax H7 Android TV set-top box. H7 is equipped with a Broadcom SoC with a 24K DMIPS CPU, supports WiFi6 and is the world’s first Android TV device to support both AV1 and HDR10 video technologies.
News categories: Humax, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Humax supplying Android TV UHD STBs to T-Broad
Jan 2, 2020 – Humax has announced that it is supplying UHD set-top boxes based on Android TV to T-Broad, South Korea’s largest cable TV operator. The box is an IP hybrid model supporting DOCSIS 3.0 and includes middleware and CA for cable broadcasting.
News categories: Humax, T-Broad, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HUMAX joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 20, 2015 – Wyplay and HUMAX (KOSDAQ:115160) have announced that HUMAX has become a Licensee of the Frog open-source STB client middleware solution. Frog is based on Wyplay’s software for digital TV client devices and TV operators’ backends.
News categories: Wyplay, HUMAX, Jacques Bourgninaud, Jeff Kim, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Kaon Media selects MaxLinear for Latin America hybrid satellite-terrestrial STB
Jul 9, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Kaon Media has selected its MxL683 silicon tuner-demodulator device for a new, hybrid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite + terrestrial set-top box (STB) platform for the Latin America pay TV market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kaon, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
KAON providing DTH and Hybrid DTH/IP STBs to Brazil's GVT
Apr 5, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it will provide DTH and Hybrid DTH/IP set-top boxes to Brazil's GVT. First products will hit the market during the 1st half of 2013.
News categories: KAON, GVT, Jabil, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Humax Partners with ANT to deploy the first HbbTV Set-Top Box
Dec 21, 2009 – Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) and ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) have partnered to deliver the first HbbTV set-top box (STB) to the market. Humax selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its new iCord HD+ set-top box, the first HbbTV STB to be deployed.
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers