Digital TV News: Jeff Kim
Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
Oct 27, 2020 – Humax has announced the introduction of a voice assistant set-top box and Wi-Fi 6E gateway at the RDK Euro Summit 2020. The set-top box integrates stereo sound and supports Alexa's Far-Field Voice Recognition with a built-in mic.
News categories: Humax, Jeff Kim, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
Jul 28, 2020 – Humax has unveiled its Humax H7 Android TV set-top box. H7 is equipped with a Broadcom SoC with a 24K DMIPS CPU, supports WiFi6 and is the world’s first Android TV device to support both AV1 and HDR10 video technologies.
News categories: Humax, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Humax supplying Android TV UHD STBs to T-Broad
Jan 2, 2020 – Humax has announced that it is supplying UHD set-top boxes based on Android TV to T-Broad, South Korea’s largest cable TV operator. The box is an IP hybrid model supporting DOCSIS 3.0 and includes middleware and CA for cable broadcasting.
News categories: Humax, T-Broad, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HUMAX joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 20, 2015 – Wyplay and HUMAX (KOSDAQ:115160) have announced that HUMAX has become a Licensee of the Frog open-source STB client middleware solution. Frog is based on Wyplay’s software for digital TV client devices and TV operators’ backends.
News categories: Wyplay, HUMAX, Jacques Bourgninaud, Jeff Kim, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Kaon Media selects MaxLinear for Latin America hybrid satellite-terrestrial STB
Jul 9, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Kaon Media has selected its MxL683 silicon tuner-demodulator device for a new, hybrid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite + terrestrial set-top box (STB) platform for the Latin America pay TV market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kaon, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
KAON providing DTH and Hybrid DTH/IP STBs to Brazil's GVT
Apr 5, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it will provide DTH and Hybrid DTH/IP set-top boxes to Brazil's GVT. First products will hit the market during the 1st half of 2013.
News categories: KAON, GVT, Jabil, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Humax Partners with ANT to deploy the first HbbTV Set-Top Box
Dec 21, 2009 – Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) and ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) have partnered to deliver the first HbbTV set-top box (STB) to the market. Humax selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its new iCord HD+ set-top box, the first HbbTV STB to be deployed.
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices