Digital TV News: Liberty Puerto Rico
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Puerto Rico
Ericsson expands DVR services for VTR Chile and Liberty Puerto Rico
Sep 26, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has concluded a new deal with VTR in Chile and Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico. With Ericsson's platform, the operators will be able to expand the reach of their DVR services (Catch-up TV and Restart TV).
News categories: Ericsson, VTR, Liberty Cablevision, Adrian Gioia, Derek Yeaomans, Cable TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Puerto Rico
Liberty Puerto Rico offers ActiveVideo Cloud UI
Apr 24, 2014 – Liberty Puerto Rico and ActiveVideo have announced the launch of a cloud-based personalized user interface that uses real-time viewing metrics to display program popularity.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Puerto Rico, Naji Khoury, Waldo Hooker, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV