Digital TV News: Liberty Global
Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
Nov 16, 2022 – Redge Media CDN has joined the EPIX traffic exchange node belonging to the MiŚOT Group. Thanks to the cooperation, EPIX participants and their clients have direct access to content distributed by Redge Media CDN.
News categories: Redge Media, EPIX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Liberty Global reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 1, 2022 – Liberty Global has announced Q3 2022 results. In Q3, the company delivered aggregate broadband and postpaid mobile growth of 186,000 new subscribers, supported mostly by broadband subscriber gains in the U.K. and positive postpaid trends across all its core FMC markets.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global and Nuance expand voice-enabled TV services in the UK
Sep 8, 2022 – Liberty Global has expanded its use of Nuance Dragon TV for Virgin Media O2 customers in the United Kingdom. The expansion includes new capabilities that provide enhanced support for visually impaired customers, such as reading aloud program information.
News categories: Nuance, Liberty Global, Tony Lorentzen, Pieter Vervoort, Digital TV, Smart Home, UK, UX
RDK surpasses 100 million device deployments
Sep 7, 2022 – RDK Management (RDK) has announced details about the continued adoption of the RDK open source software platform used to power CPEs from service providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed globally rose to 100 million, up from 80 million last year.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box
Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
Jul 29, 2022 – Liberty Global and Telefónica, together with InfraVia Capital, have agreed to set up a JV that will roll out FTTH across the UK. The partnership will initially roll out fibre to homes not currently served by Virgin Media O2.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital, Mike Fries, José María Alvarez-Pallete, Vincent Levita, Content Distribution, Fibre, UK, Venture Capital
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
May 25, 2022 – Penthera has announced PlayAssure, software that builds a more extensive real-time buffer of video on streaming devices. This improves video quality and reduces or eliminates rebuffering due to unreliable networks.
News categories: Penthera, Brian Kline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global completes sale of UPC Poland to Iliad
Apr 1, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the previously announced sale of UPC Poland to iliad S.A.’s Polish mobile subsidiary Play for an enterprise value of PLN 7.0 billion ($1.7 billion)
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform