Digital TV News: Magyar Telekom
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
Dec 5, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Magyar Telekom has chosen its Think360 platform for personalized recommendations, targeted promotions, and viewer engagement across its TV and OTT services.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Magyar Telekom, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Magyar Telekom adds 20,424 TV subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 9, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-September 2021. The company added 19,948 cable, DTH and IPTV subscribers in Hungary and 476 IPTV subscribers in North Macedonia in the third quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom adds 12,935 TV subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 10, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-June 2021. The company added 11,764 TV subscribers in Hungary and 1,171 in North Macedonia in the second quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 5, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
Magyar Telekom to deploy MediaKind’s cloud-based TV platform
Apr 4, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Deutsche Telekom (DT) has chosen to extend its partnership with MediaKind via the deployment of a multi-tenant next generation cloud TV platform. The first DT subsidiary to operate the new platform will be Magyar Telekom in Hungary.
News categories: MediaKind, Magyar Telekom, Damien Montessuit, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Magyar Telekom deploys Harmonic encoding solution for its IPTV service
Jun 13, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding solution for its IPTV service. Harmonic's reseller Yazoo ensured the smooth deployment of the project.
News categories: Harmonic, Magyar Telekom, Yazoo, Ian Graham, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV
Hungary adds 49,000 digital pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 29, 2016 – According to Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2016, the number of households with digital television subscriptions was 2,397,850, up 49,002 from 2,348,848 at the end of March 2016.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029