Digital TV News: Marc Whitten
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon brings more Fire TV Edition devices to Europe and North America
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a lineup of more than 15 new Fire TV Edition products, including the world’s first Fire TV Edition smart TV with built-in far-field voice control and the first OLED Fire TV Edition smart TV.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA, UX
Amazon introduces second generation Fire TV Cube
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced a new Fire TV Cube. The streaming media player features far-field voice control built directly into the device and is now available for pre-order in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK, USA
IMDb TV triples content selection and plans European expansion
Jun 17, 2019 – IMDb has announced that its free streaming video channel, IMDb TV, has plans to triple its content selection through deals with Warner Bros., Sony Pictures Entertainment, MGM Studios and others. Additionally, IMDb TV will launch in Europe later this year.
News categories: IMDb, Mark Eamer, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
Amazon introduces Fire TV Stick 4K and new Alexa Voice Remote
Oct 3, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the Fire TV Stick 4K, the most powerful streaming media stick available, plus a new Alexa Voice Remote. The Alexa Voice Remote is also available with the recently launched Fire TV Cube.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, John Couling, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Amazon introduces 'Fire TV Recast' DTT gateway
Sep 20, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced Fire TV Recast, a companion DVR that lets consumers watch, record, and replay free over-the-air TV programming on Fire TV, Echo Show, and on compatible Fire tablet, iOS, and Android devices.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Patrick Moorhead, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Terrestrial, USA
Amazon releases 4K streaming media player with TV voice control
Jun 7, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced Fire TV Cube, a hands-free 4K Ultra HD streaming media player with Alexa, allowing control of TV from across the room. Fire TV Cube can control a compatible TV, sound bar, A/V receiver, and cable or satellite box.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition launches in Canada and around the world
Nov 7, 2017 – Amazon Canada (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced its launch of the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition streaming media player. The device is available for purchase in Canada and in more than 100 countries and territories around the world.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
Amazon releases Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and HDR
Sep 27, 2017 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the all-new Fire TV featuring 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and Alexa Voice Remote. The next generation of Amazon Fire TV works seamlessly with 4K Ultra HD or HDR compatible TVs.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019