Digital TV News: Michel de Rosen
EUTELSAT 9B satellite successfully launched
Jan 30, 2016 – The EUTELSAT 9B satellite has been successfully launched into geosynchronous transfer orbit. EUTELSAT 9B will be positioned at 9°E to assume broadcasting of TV channels currently served by EUTELSAT 9A and to provide expansion capacity.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SES and Eutelsat announce Future Video Initiative
Sep 11, 2015 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced an industry-wide initiative to develop and promote next-generation video technologies, standards and formats, focusing initially on the reception of satellite services on any screen and on converged broadcast-broadband technologies.
News categories: SES S.A, Eutelsat, Karim Michel Sabbagh, Michel de Rosen, IBC2022, Satellite, Worldwide
Eutelsat to offer software-defined satellites
Dec 8, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a programme that will enable its clients to actively define the performance and flexibility they need from a satellite. The software-defined 'Eutelsat Quantum' class of satellites will set new standards of configurability for users.
News categories: Eutelsat, European Space Agency, Airbus Defence and Space, Michel de Rosen, Magali Vaissiere, Eric Béranger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Worldwide
MultiChoice Africa extends DTH contract with Eutelsat
Jul 30, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and MultiChoice Africa have inked an agreement that will ensure the continuing expansion of the DStv pay-TV platform. The contract also further anchors Eutelsat’s sub-Saharan Africa neighbourhood at 36°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Michel de Rosen, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
EUTELSAT 3B satellite fully fired up at 3°E
Jul 6, 2014 – Following its successful launch on May 26, Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that the EUTELSAT 3B satellite is now fully fired up and providing commercial services at 3° East.
News categories: EUTELSAT, Michel de Rosen, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 – The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
RSCC and Eutelsat Partner on Roadmap for Satellite in Russia
Nov 1, 2012 – RSCC (the Russian Satellite Communication Company) and Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) have announced an agreement whereby Eutelsat will lease capacity for broadcasting and IP services on two RSCC satellites to be launched in 2013 and 2015.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Content Distribution, Russia, Satellite
RTÉ Ireland Chooses Eutelsat's KA-SAT for its 'SAORSAT' Free to Air Digital Service
Mar 13, 2012 – Ireland's national broadcaster, RTÉ, has chosen Eutelsat's (Paris: ETL) KA-SAT to ensure that all homes in the Irish Republic will be able to benefit from free digital reception of the RTÉ public service television and radio channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, RTÉNL, SAORSAT, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management