Digital TV News: Motorola
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
Apr 17, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, global smartphone shipments will reach a modest 5 million units in 2019. Early 5G smartphone models will be expensive and available in limited volumes. Samsung, LG and Huawei will be the early 5G smartphone leaders this year, followed by Apple next year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ken Hyers, Ville Petteri-Ukonaho, Neil Mawston, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Zodiac partners with MediaKind
Sep 13, 2018 – Zodiac has announced that it has partnered with MediaKind. Zodiac’s software platform enables MediaKind’s MediaFirst TV user experience (UX) to run on any digital set-top box, new or old, via a software update only and with no need for a truckroll.
News categories: Zodiac, MediaKind, Rich Neill, Gowton Achaibar, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Irdeto to protect video in PlayKids app
Mar 3, 2016 – Irdeto has announced Movile, a developer of mobile content and commerce platforms in Latin America, has selected Irdeto Rights to manage the multi-DRM support and content protection of its PlayKids platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Movile, Alexandra Larsson, Eduardo Henrique, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Latin America
Amazon intros 4K Ultra HD Fire TV STB and Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Sep 17, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced the next generation of Fire TV -- the Amazon Fire TV with support for 4K Ultra HD, and the Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote. Amazon Fire TV is half the price of any other 4K Ultra HD streaming media player.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SmartLabs upgrades IPTV service at Georgia's Caucasus Online
Jan 27, 2015 – SmartLabs has announced the implementation of its interactive TV solution at Caucasus Online and the migration of the existing subscriber base to an upgraded TV service. Caucasus Online is Georgia’s leading broadband provider.
News categories: SmartLabs, Caucasus Online, Mikhail Grachev, Nikolai Tchiaureli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% this year
Dec 18, 2014 – Futuresource Consulting has published its annual global overview of the consumer electronics industry. According to the company, 2014 has been a difficult ride for many segments of the market, but overall there has been growth.
News categories: Futuresource, Market Research, Worldwide
Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
Oct 27, 2014 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced its Fire TV Stick, a small stick that connects to the HDMI port of an HDTV for instant access to movies, TV shows, music, photos, apps, and games. Fire TV Stick is $39 and is available for pre-order.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
ARRIS gains, Cisco loses in set-top box market
Aug 20, 2014 – According to ABI Research, 2Q 2014 showed about a 5% growth in set-top box revenues from a key set of major OEMs. Most manufacturers saw similar sales, with ARRIS a clear winner, growing about 60% year-over-year.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet